Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Berks/Lehigh/Skook Group Drive, Sunday August 25

Old 08-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coreyGPW
Originally Posted by pa9k' timestamp='1377466037' post='22744144
Was that towards the beginning? There was that one turn where it got a little sketchy. Lol
yeah the very beginning, the road falls away there and throws you out.
Yeah that one. Got a little sketchy. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades though so were all good!! Other than that turn I really enjoyed ripping those roads. Fantastic time. The wife even enjoyed herself!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since I'm new and naive to this whole thing you guys ever have any run ins with the police. Last thing I need is to get points on my license or worse lose my license. I have a clean driving record now, my job relies on my license so I do my best to stay out if trouble.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajval79
Since I'm new and naive to this whole thing you guys ever have any run ins with the police. Last thing I need is to get points on my license or worse lose my license. I have a clean driving record now, my job relies on my license so I do my best to stay out if trouble.
Then take it to the track. There are a couple of options for non-rollbar'd or hardtop'd S2000. Or, get a hardtop.

A single track day = the price of a speeding ticket......
Old 08-26-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have about 3 go pro vids uploaded and trimmed. youtube is being a bastard though and not processing the high res quickly. gonna wait til this evening to see if its done. if not i'll just post it low res only.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys that was a sick run. Anyone know how to save that route exactly as we did it in my iphone so I can run it again sometime. Also, anyone know something fun like this closer to bucks county or jersey? Would love a local run also.

PS:
My front strut is leaking now from that pot hole while following Clint.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

click the link at the original post with your phone and it should work. this drive took a full season of planning, so i would imagine it would require someone to do close to the same in any other area.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
Guys that was a sick run. Anyone know how to save that route exactly as we did it in my iphone so I can run it again sometime. Also, anyone know something fun like this closer to bucks county or jersey? Would love a local run also.

PS:

I think it's time to go with a CR setup.

Two things I remember during the drive,

The smiles on the faces of the locals. I was kinda shocked they weren't yelling at us, throwing things at us, etc. it seemed like they enjoyed watching the sounds of the cars or whatever, although, I remember one of the bike guys in a ditch changing a flat tire yelling at us, seemed a little uptight.

At one point I tasted and smelt someone's clutch burn hardcore. Hopefully everything is ok
Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freq

Then take it to the track. There are a couple of options for non-rollbar'd or hardtop'd S2000. Or, get a hardtop.

A single track day = the price of a speeding ticket......
Oh I'm willing to take a chance. (It would suck really bad to get a ticket) but I'm just curious if you guys have had run ins with the police as a group and if so what was the outcome?
Old 08-26-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

No run ins with the police....there is always a first time though and that's a risk you have to decide to take. These aren't closed roads, so if tickets/accidents are a concern, and they are for me too....then track days or the Philly SCCA's auto-x events and driving schools may be more for you.

We do go-kart events, IMHO, are more fun than the runs....might I suggest these to.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower

PS:
If you haven't done the REAL "New Hope" run, HERE ARE the directions. There are a lot of great roads on both the Jersey and PA side that you may not have been on.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
New Hope Run.pdf (68.6 KB, 51 views)

Quick Reply: Berks/Lehigh/Skook Group Drive, Sunday August 25