Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

accidents suck

Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accidents suck

hey everyone,

so i was following someone doing ~25mph on chestnut street in emmaus by the weis food store. she decided she wanted to make a left hand turn into the shopping center at the last possible second and slammed on the breaks with no turn signal. needless to say i tried my best to get out of her way but i didn't quite make it . everyone is ok though as i was only doing like 20-25mph so it wasn't that bad.

right now my drivers side fender is totally destroyed as with my drivers side headlight. i'll probably need a new front bumper and maybe a new drivers side door, the fender is totally destroyed. i'm taking it in for an estimate today. the accident was "my fault" because of pa's stupid law's about rear ending people which i can understand but situations like this really piss me off. people need to learn how to drive like over in europe. i'll get some pics posted probably tonight for everyone. like i said i was extremely lucky as basically the fender took all the damage and nothing else basically got hit. the wheel didn't even get touched so the car drives 100%. no looseness or anything like that which i'm SO thankful for. if i woulda hit her head on the car woulda been completely destroyed so i'm glad i kinda got outa the way. oh well its what insurance is for.

here's a question that i've asked everyone i've told this too....

Who do you know has their insurance information memorized???? it kinda makes me think that this lady was in a shitload of accidents because she had everything memorized and she didn't look too swift if ya know what i mean. i don't want to cry wolf because i highly doubt anything suspect is going on but that just sends a flag up in my mind. who the hell do you know that memorizes their insurance information?!?!?!

i'll keep everyone posted. like i said it coulda been a shitload worse than it was and i'm glad it wasn't. i'm about 99% sure the damage was purely cosmetic..but i still feel like tinkfist driving around a busted up car muahahahahaha it'll be fixed soon until then i can't pick up chicks
Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 AM

yea the funny thing about the whole thing is that i'll drive around doing 100mph and never even come close to wrecking but the second i start driving around slow doing 25 i hit shit...

how does that work?!?!?!

oh yea..and another good thing atleast my front bumper will get fresh paint...get rid of all those paint chips muahahaha i'm really happy about that!!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

damn that sux man, as for the insurance information being memorized knida sounds suspect to me. i would have demanded to see the insurance card to make sure that all of the informationwas correct. Did you call the cops?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 AM

cops were sitting across the street in teh parking lot..so he just crossed the street. i have an accident report...no citations were issued which i'm thankful for.. but yea thats what i thought..that is really suspect ya know. but the cop took down all the information so i know he seen her drivers license and a letter from her insurance company. she didn't have a card on her but she had a letter..and she just gave him the rest of the info off the top of her head.

she was driving this huge ass soccer mom SUV 2006 GMC or something. she has like scratches on her bumper...lol my car's f'ed up...like i said though its only cosmetic..no real damage done to anything that would concern me like the suspension or wheel or anything like that.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I'll have a Berlina front bumper available in just 2 short weeks .....

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Meet us @ jfo's Sunday morning.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill have pulled berlina front fenders available in a month or so.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:14 AM

thanks everyone for the support and help. its ok though the insurance company is gonna pay for everything. i have it at vinart right now to get an estimate and i'll pick it up after work and let everyone know the damage. all i gotta do is pay the deductible so oh well.

whats going on at jfo's? and if i still have the car i'll bring it over but i'm trying to get it in as fast as humanly possible. i want my baby fixed....

like i said though i feel really damn lucky with how the accident turned out only damaging cosmetic crap.

thanks guys you know what they say though...shit happens
Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by kill,Oct 18 2007, 12:14 PM
whats going on at jfo's?
Caravan to Fall Colors meets up at jfo's around 11 AM.

Be there damn it. I'm buying lunch.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM

lol ok fine with me. i can show up to hang out for a bit with my busted ass ride
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Community Organizer

Side note: Be sure to have VINART save all of the left over parts for you.

Your headlights aren't going to match now.........

Quick Reply: accidents suck