The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

I'm Cursed... Cursed I tell ya!

Old 11-06-2003 | 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it was a private used car lot and the owner had specially requested that nobody under 21 should drive the car. What can ya do?
Old 11-06-2003 | 02:51 PM
MyS

Tell him that you ain't buying until you drive it first. Just out of curiousity what did he want for the camaro?
Old 11-06-2003 | 02:59 PM

I forget. I wasn't going to buy it but I was in the mood to test drive some cars that day. The funny part is when I test drove a '99 Cobra vert from the same place.

We went onto the backroads right by my house (my usual private "test track") and the salesman told me to launch it. Anyway, I roll to 5mph, rev it up to 3000rpm and dump the clutch. The wheel hop was massive, but I didn't let off. I had it pegged, bouncing off the limiter, then shifted for 2nd. It had a Steeda shifter (read: notchy as hell) so I missed 2nd and hit the limiter again.

After that, I had a few clean shifts... Then the guy tells me, "Alright, pull over and let's switch. I'll show you how to shift."
Old 11-06-2003 | 02:59 PM

He gets in the driver's seat but before he launches it, he tells me, "Don't take your foot off the gas."

So he drops it at about 2500rpm, gets some light wheelspin, then just as he redlines it, he puts the clutch in and grabs for 2nd. The Pro Shifter missed 2nd, but still had the throttle pegged!

After 3 or 4 seconds with it still floored in neutral I tell him, "Dude, you already missed it. You have to get off the gas." He does. Naturally, he doesn't get on it again.

So I get back in the driver's seat to show him how it's done. I had taken it easy on the first run because I didn't want to destroy the car... But I just had to show that guy up.
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:02 PM

I pull up to the stop sign, hold the rpm at 2000rpm, then sidestep the clutch. At redline, I powershift 2nd gear - my right foot didn't come off the floor... My left foot didn't move either. As soon as I grab 3rd (again with no clutch and without letting off the throttle) I look over and say, "THAT'S how you're supposed to shift."

I stay in the throttle until I top out 4th at about 130mph, before standing on the brakes for the traffic light.

I bust a power-on U-turn and take it back to the dealership...

The guy kept his mouth shut the entire ride back.
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:07 PM
MyS

awesome most sales people don't know how to drive. But the wheel hop can be pretty torturous on a cobra. I don't like mustangs and I love eating them up in my '02 SS.
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:16 PM

Alright, another fan of the SS! I don't know why, but I just love the way they look... I should be an import guy, because I drive an S2000 and am Asian... but I'm more of a muscle car guy than anything. I'll take a carb and distributor over injection and coils any day.

One of my friends from Florida is an absolute Nissan freak, and a brand Nazi. His exact words: "I hate the LS1. I hate the f-body. They're fast until they have to turn."

Granted, the cars are everywhere, but that doesn't mean they're slow.

Anyway, I shut him up real quick (I'm a Chevy guy, BTW), when he came with me to a trackday at TWS. My heavily modified S2000 was running some blisteringly fast laps, but was still being given the blue/yellow flag for a mildly modified WS-6! As fast as I was, I simply could not hang with it.

If I remember correctly, the WS-6 only had an STB and anti-roll bars, Edelbrock IAS shocks, street tires, and maybe K&N and exhaust.

I tried and I tried, but I simply couldn't hang...
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:21 PM
MyS

if you drop them an inch, i here they do some awesome G's
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:24 PM

6M/T LS1 F-body

+pads
+tires
+springs

="bye bye"
Old 11-06-2003 | 03:58 PM
MyS

oh yea

Quick Reply: I'm Cursed... Cursed I tell ya!