The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

I just........................

Old 05-22-2022, 02:33 PM

Received 3,784 Likes on 2,667 Posts

I just finished our bathroom tile job, final step was grouting the floor and reinstalling the toilet. Washing the grout residue is a never ending process. It took me a few weekends to get it done as I can only do the work on weekends, that included removing the old flooring first. This was only my second tile job in my life, the first was the kitchen backsplash. This was about 90 square feet of bathroom flooring est. Rob already gave me the stamp of approval so I think it came out good.

The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 04:58 AM

Received 4,265 Likes on 3,319 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I just finished our bathroom tile job, final step was grouting the floor and reinstalling the toilet. Washing the grout residue is a never ending process. It took me a few weekends to get it done as I can only do the work on weekends, that included removing the old flooring first. This was only my second tile job in my life, the first was the kitchen backsplash. This was about 90 square feet of bathroom flooring est. Rob already gave me the stamp of approval so I think it came out good.

Did you do the tile on the side of the tub and the wall too? the tile on the wall looks like an Italian tile that was used on a job i supervised.
Old 05-23-2022, 04:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

I just clocked in.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by robb
Did you do the tile on the side of the tub and the wall too? the tile on the wall looks like an Italian tile that was used on a job i supervised.
Hey Rob, the tile on the sides of the tub is granite, they are Italian, they were done 15 years ago. The backsplash tiling around the upper area of the tub was done about 5 years ago when we re-did our shower, so we extended it over around the tub. I think it is Italian tile which we got from one of the big box stores.
robb (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 07:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,708 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Looks like you did great!
@ your
Old 05-23-2022, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that looks nice! Where did you find that tile?
Old 05-23-2022, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by vtecmom
Looks like you did great!
@ your
Thanks Mom, I really am an amateur so this was quite the accomplishment for me, with lots of tricky cuts. Plus it is back-breaking work, lol. Our cat had to be part of the action, we just cleaned the tub of dust residue from the project so she was intrigued by the water in the tub. lol.
vtecmom (05-23-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by KobeW
Wow, that looks nice! Where did you find that tile?
Thank you kindly.

We purchased it through a small local tile shop in my home town, it is a ceramic mosaic tile made in Spain, it seems to be a pretty strong tile. The name of the tile is called Lilou Ocean (20 cm x 20 cm sizing), the manufacturer name may be Decocer SA. That is all the info I could make out from the product label on the box. I think we paid about $7- $8 a square foot Canadian. I was able to bring up some images of the tile on-line by the product name.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:51 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,708 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Thanks Mom, I really am an amateur so this was quite the accomplishment for me, with lots of tricky cuts. Plus it is back-breaking work, lol. Our cat had to be part of the action, we just cleaned the tub of dust residue from the project so she was intrigued by the water in the tub. lol.

Well be PROUD I like trying a somewhat possibly challenging project cause when you succeed its very rewarding
We did Shiplap on a living room wall as amateurs years ago, NO CHIP GAINS living here unfortunately but I think he'd give us a

PS I like seeing your projects they're inspiring

I used to have an HGTV tread in here years ago
Old 05-23-2022, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by vtecmom
Well be PROUD I like trying a somewhat possibly challenging project cause when you succeed its very rewarding
We did Shiplap on a living room wall as amateurs years ago, NO CHIP GAINS living here unfortunately but I think he'd give us a

PS I like seeing your projects they're inspiring

I used to have an HGTV tread in here years ago

Very cool Mom. My wife has been suggesting some shiplap in recent times, but I think we have some other priorities first. It may be a future project.

My Dad was an old school Italian who would cover the entire earth in tile if he could have (RIP), I never learned the art of tiling in my younger years so the last couple projects have been rewarding. We are sure the old man would be happy, he actually brought it up during the last two visits with a spiritual medium that we met with, oddly enough.

shareall (05-31-2022)

Quick Reply: I just........................