The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

I just........................

Old 03-30-2022, 01:25 PM

Received 3,784 Likes on 2,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Vadster
I just cut my fingernails.
I just thought about doing the same thing
Old 03-31-2022, 07:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I just read a fb post in a community page. Someone has “a bunch of books no one wants” and then says the thrift stores are’t making it easy to donate…Well if no one wants them why would you donate them to an organization that has limited resources?
Old 03-31-2022, 09:35 AM

Received 4,265 Likes on 3,319 Posts

I just found the bag of ravioli that I bought last week that I couldn't find in the freezer the other day it has been on top of my fridge for a week Gotta toss it I can hear my Mom saying it's a sin to throw food out but don't wanna get sick.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by robb
I just found the bag of ravioli that I bought last week that I couldn't find in the freezer the other day it has been on top of my fridge for a week Gotta toss it I can hear my Mom saying it's a sin to throw food out but don't wanna get sick.
Damn that sucks Rob, you are right about mothers saying that. When I was younger I would throw out stale bread as I hate stale bread, my grandmother would complain that it was peccato to do that (a sin).

My wife yells at me all the time as I leave drinks on top of the fridge by accident..
Old 04-01-2022, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Damn that sucks Rob, you are right about mothers saying that. When I was younger I would throw out stale bread as I hate stale bread, my grandmother would complain that it was peccato to do that (a sin).

My wife yells at me all the time as I leave drinks on top of the fridge by accident..
I think my Mom used to use the leftover bread for her meatballs.
I keep my 2 insulated grocery bags on top of my fridge and I'm guessing the ravioli fell out from last time I went shopping.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 09:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I think my Mom used to use the leftover bread for her meatballs.
I keep my 2 insulated grocery bags on top of my fridge and I'm guessing the ravioli fell out from last time I went shopping.
I just remembered a nasty work situation. I used to manage a shelter for women and kids fleeing violence. We had closed our lounge for a week because there was a terrible stench. Staff thoroughly cleaned but couldn’t find the source. One day I go in there to get the reusable shopping bags for a grocery run. I’m mortified in the store because the stench has embedded itself in the cloth bags and I’m leaving a trail of putridness behind me. At the checkout I’m packing the groceries and find the source: a huge pack of raw chicken that somehow hadn’t been put away from the last grocery shop.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by shareall
I just remembered a nasty work situation. I used to manage a shelter for women and kids fleeing violence. We had closed our lounge for a week because there was a terrible stench. Staff thoroughly cleaned but couldn’t find the source. One day I go in there to get the reusable shopping bags for a grocery run. I’m mortified in the store because the stench has embedded itself in the cloth bags and I’m leaving a trail of putridness behind me. At the checkout I’m packing the groceries and find the source: a huge pack of raw chicken that somehow hadn’t been put away from the last grocery shop.
I just gotta say that rotten chicken is one of the worst smells. When I worked in property maintenance I was doing housechecks and walked into a place were the fridge had died and the a/c wasn't on and it was july and the fridge and freezer had chicken in it and I had to clean it out. Didn't eat chicken for a year after that. Don't know how the gators do it.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:53 AM

I just gotta say that rotten chicken is one of the worst smells. When I worked in property maintenance I was doing housechecks and walked into a place were the fridge had died and the a/c wasn't on and it was july and the fridge and freezer had chicken in it and I had to clean it out. Didn't eat chicken for a year after that. Don't know how the gators do it.
I had a unit with a fridge full of food - fridge and freezer. The unit had power cutoff for 2 years. Everything in the fridge liquified and was oozing out through the magnetic seals for a long time onto the kitchen floor. The guys I hired to clean out the fridge and kitchen puked during the clean up, I could smell it 50 feet outside of the townhouse once the fridge door was opened up.

I've had a number of dead people found over the years but thankfully none of them were dead for too long, they say the smell of death is never forgotten , but i have not smelled it yet.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I had a unit with a fridge full of food - fridge and freezer. The unit had power cutoff for 2 years. Everything in the fridge liquified and was oozing out through the magnetic seals for a long time onto the kitchen floor. The guys I hired to clean out the fridge and kitchen puked during the clean up, I could smell it 50 feet outside of the townhouse once the fridge door was opened up.

I've had a number of dead people found over the years but thankfully none of them were dead for too long, they say the smell of death is never forgotten , but i have not smelled it yet.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (04-01-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 05:32 AM

I just went to change the water cooler bottle and managed to drop the new one on the floor while trying to flip it in the downwards position and the bottle split open. 5 gallons of water all over the kitchen and dripping down to the basement below. I can't believe the bottle would crack like that , what a mess, and 5 gallons of spring water gone, but the floors are spotless now. We managed to get it cleaned up with little damage to anything, it pays to have tiled floors.

Quick Reply: I just........................