The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

I just........................

Old 11-02-2021, 09:24 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I just got an espresso machine and bean grinder given back to me. A few years ago I gave it to my wife's relatives, but now they are moving to a new country and won't be taking the equipment with them so they gave them back to me. I now have three espresso machines and two grinders. I love these machines but I need to free up some space, so I may try to sell one.
I just got curious what make and model of espresso maker might be on offer.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:14 AM

Received 3,784 Likes on 2,667 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
I just got curious what make and model of espresso maker might be on offer.
This one is a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine - version 2, and a Rancilio Rocky bean grinder with a doser. Both are in excellent condition, lightly used. They are workhorses for home use, they can last forever. I own some higher end machines, but I always found they worked no better than the Rancilio Silvia , despite the higher cost of my other machines. The Rancilio has fast start up and heating too, my other machines take a good 30-60+ minutes.

I also have a Faema Carisma espresso machine I may sell, it has the famed e-61 group head and temperature control, a really nice machine as far as a higher end machine goes.

This is my Faema

The following users liked this post:
UnkieTrunkie (11-10-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 10:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I just received some interesting information to ponder.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
This one is a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine - version 2, and a Rancilio Rocky bean grinder with a doser. Both are in excellent condition, lightly used. They are workhorses for home use, they can last forever. I own some higher end machines, but I always found they worked no better than the Rancilio Silvia , despite the higher cost of my other machines. The Rancilio has fast start up and heating too, my other machines take a good 30-60+ minutes.

I also have a Faema Carisma espresso machine I may sell, it has the famed e-61 group head and temperature control, a really nice machine as far as a higher end machine goes.
I just got at once a little jealous, but the got a little fearful, as my wife would kill me for adding one more counter-top device.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:16 AM

I just realized if/when I buy an espresso machine, I'll give zeroptzero a holler.
zeroptzero (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
I just got at once a little jealous, but the got a little fearful, as my wife would kill me for adding one more counter-top device.
Oh I know exactly what you mean, they do take up a fair bit of space, you have the machine and the grinder, and ancillary parts and tools, and cups, it all adds up. It really is a hobby for me, you can make coffee for a lot less money and work, and less of a mess (it does get messy at times), but I love the entire process hence the semi-auto machine. A lot of people might just buy a full automatic machine and be done with it, or pods etc. Not for me though.

We were recently looking to sell our home, and the realtor brought in a "stager" as part of the process. The stager told the realtor and my wife that the coffee machine and grinder had to go as they took up "too much" counter space and people like to see open counters. Needless to say we told the realtor that the stager had to go as the machines were staying put. The beauty of the machines and cups made up for less counter space to the eyeballs IMO.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:51 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I just submitted a printing order for a book I put together as a Christmas present
zeroptzero (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 05:36 PM

I just shipped out two coffee machines, one coffee grinder, and a coffee machine base, with some accessories that have been sold. It is quite a chore shipping the machines 1000 miles away safely, the machines weigh about 60 lbs. I may end up with a hernia over this ordeal lol.

I am now down to one new espresso machine and one new coffee grinder. I've spent about 2 days dialing in the grind of the coffee, and about 2 lbs of coffee beans. It can be a bit of a waste at first but once you have it dialed in it is very easy to get consistent coffee going forward. Consistency is the biggest issue with semi-automatic machines and grinders. After many years messing with different setups this is the best coffee I've made at home. My current formula is 15 grams of coffee grinds in the filter, with 2 oz of coffee produced in approx. 25 seconds, about 30 grams in the cup, and about 6 seconds for the first drop to come out once you hit the start button. It's no wonder pods are so popular, this method is much more work and messy, but more of a hobby for people who like it.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,708 Likes on 1,439 Posts

I just realized that Zero Joe might be interested in my youngest 's new Co

https://difficult.coffee
Old 11-13-2021, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by vtecmom
I just realized that Zero Joe might be interested in my youngest 's new Co

https://difficult.coffee
wow that looks cool, I made it to the checkout and seen shipping is almost as much as the coffee itself, going to Canada of course. The medium roast coffee I was most interested in is sold out, I don't know if light roasts will work on my setup. I may need to wait for the next drop. I suspect I will be trying this out at some point, so they will see an order to Canada at some time. Thanks for the info an link mom, if you come across any coupon codes I'm interested. lol
vtecmom (11-13-2021)

Quick Reply: I just........................