The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Attn: 8D and other Coachella Attendees!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Attn: 8D and other Coachella Attendees!

How was Rage Against the Machine? I hope they rocked the **** outta that place

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070430/us_nm/rage_dc
Old 04-30-2007, 08:47 AM

i'm checking out some video's already posted from the weekend. daft punk looked like it kicked ass!!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,284 Likes on 989 Posts

http://www.coachella.com/
Old 04-30-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cute doggy
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Where's 8D?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Rage Fans can officially SUCK MY BALLZ!!

The Rage Fans:
1. Ruined at least one fence (more anon)
2. Ruined the camping situation (for those who camped: we were at a hotel) by drumming all night.
3. Ruined the camping situation by holding meetings, rallies, and protests at the campsite.
4. Turned what was otherwise a very cool and surprisingly family-friendly and safe music festival into a very tense and dangerous situation.

Nobody stuck it to The Man; they stuck it to each other.

I was going to stay and try to hear the first couple of songs by Rage, but the fans were already very antsy. We had been pushed rudely several times during Manu Chau, and there were large groups of people with overly matching outfits of a non law-enforcement-but-still-uniform nature. There was a bad vibe going on, so Asura and I left to go get beer.

What happened next was completely nuts:

We were in the beer area adjacent to the main stage. We thought we were cool; catch the first couple of tunes in a cordoned off area of 21+ ers. We couldn't see the stage, but we were next to it; good enough to catch it.

Anyway, 5 minutes before Rage starts, they close the beer stand down. Bummer; they'd been closing squarely at 11:00: Rage was starting at 10:40

Rage came on stage on time and began playing. 30 seconds after that, the people in the beer tent TORE THE FENCE DOWN AND RUSHED THE STAGE. Bedlam ensued, security swarmed, and Asura and I bolted for the second stage (and without a second round of beer I might add )

59,800 people saw Rage Against The Machine

200 of us saw The Lemonheads, and they were ****ing great!!! AND. . .AND. . . we managed to sneak out in front of the Rage traffic too!

Pics and other commentary coming tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Bummer, 8D. We didn't get any of this in the news.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 AM

damn brian that's f-in nuts but in a way i'm not surprised since they probably brought all the "zapatistas" out from cali i know how nuts it was when i saw them in dc in 2000. i stood up in the stands, still pretty close, but i was able to jam in my own little world and not have to worry about the "raging" moshing crowd
Old 05-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by 8D_In_Trunk,Apr 30 2007, 11:00 PM
Rage Fans can officially SUCK MY BALLZ!!

The Rage Fans:
1. Ruined at least one fence (more anon)
2. Ruined the camping situation (for those who camped: we were at a hotel) by drumming all night.
3. Ruined the camping situation by holding meetings, rallies, and protests at the campsite.
4. Turned what was otherwise a very cool and surprisingly family-friendly and safe music festival into a very tense and dangerous situation.

Nobody stuck it to The Man; they stuck it to each other.

I was going to stay and try to hear the first couple of songs by Rage, but the fans were already very antsy. We had been pushed rudely several times during Manu Chau, and there were large groups of people with overly matching outfits of a non law-enforcement-but-still-uniform nature. There was a bad vibe going on, so Asura and I left to go get beer.

What happened next was completely nuts:

We were in the beer area adjacent to the main stage. We thought we were cool; catch the first couple of tunes in a cordoned off area of 21+ ers. We couldn't see the stage, but we were next to it; good enough to catch it.

Anyway, 5 minutes before Rage starts, they close the beer stand down. Bummer; they'd been closing squarely at 11:00: Rage was starting at 10:40

Rage came on stage on time and began playing. 30 seconds after that, the people in the beer tent TORE THE FENCE DOWN AND RUSHED THE STAGE. Bedlam ensued, security swarmed, and Asura and I bolted for the second stage (and without a second round of beer I might add )

59,800 people saw Rage Against The Machine

200 of us saw The Lemonheads, and they were ****ing great!!! AND. . .AND. . . we managed to sneak out in front of the Rage traffic too!

Pics and other commentary coming tomorrow.
Glad you had fun
A$$ura a Rage fan
look forward 2 seeing yur pics
Old 05-01-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom,May 1 2007, 09:57 AM
Glad you had fun
A$$ura a Rage fan
look forward 2 seeing yur pics
Asura took the extra ticket at the last minute. He came for Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk, but stayed for all the stuff I was into.

Things you all should be watching for:

- Manu Chau (If you don't know them already)
- Mando Diao (Mom, if you don't like these guys, there might be something wrong witch ya)
- Busdriver ( rapper who has singly redefined wtf rap may be)
- Mike Relm (go to YouTube, that's all I can say )

Quick Reply: Attn: 8D and other Coachella Attendees!