Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

IL 2001 Red S2000 – CLEAN - OEM Hardtop - $15,500

Old 07-03-2019, 09:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default IL 2001 Red S2000 – CLEAN - OEM Hardtop - $15,500

First Name: John
Price: $15,500 OBO
VIN: JHMAP114X1T004286

Details:
For sale is my 2001 Honda S2000 in New Formula Red. I purchased this car in March of 2011 with 64k miles on it, I am the 5th owner; it changed hands often and wasn’t driven much by the previous owners as indicated by the AutoCheck history and mileage reported. I've owned the car for 9 years now and never thought I would sell it, but I don't drive it anymore and I'm just ready to get into something different at this point. For as long as I have owned the car, it has been meticulously maintained and cared for - always garage kept. If I didn't tell you this car has 147,000 miles on it, you would not know it. The car drives and operates as if it only had ~47k miles on it and does not leak or drip any fluids anywhere. All the miles I have put on the car have been 90% highway as I live in a rural area. However, you should expect some things to be present on a vehicle that is almost 20 years old now. There are some rock chips, along with a couple minor dings and dents, but nothing major that can't be worked out with PDR. There is no rust or rot anywhere on the car. The fenders and quarter panels remain untouched (not rolled or pulled) and there is no issue with rubbing.

The soft top is original, but the plastic window was replaced in 2011 about 6 months after I bought the car. The top now has 2-3 very small holes in the typical wear spots, and the plastic window is wrinkled and wavy, but not oxidized/hazy/yellow. Shortly after I replaced the plastic window is when I bought the OEM hardtop (purchased brand new in Spa Yellow), and since purchasing it, it has only come off a handful of times. The front bumper has been repainted (due to clear coat failure), along with the hood due to rock chips, but all VIN tags remain present on the car.

Not necessarily a show car, but an extremely clean driver quality car. I’m a professional detailer and ceramic coated the paint about three years ago – the paint remains extremely glossy and is free of scratches and swirls. Throughout my ownership, the major parts that I have had to replace include the clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, and the clutch; it has been extremely dependable and reliable for me - I would trust the car to go anywhere. The clutch was just recently replaced with an OEM Honda clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing) at 144,400 miles (2,600 miles ago). The shifter was re-greased at the same time, along with new transmission fluid – the car shifts like butter and there are no grinds or popouts at all.

Upon request, I can provide you with an Excel spreadsheet I used to track maintenance and modifications done to the car; several receipts also available, along with the original window sticker and owner's manual. I have also kept track of oil consumption (burns about 1 qt every ~1500 miles - extremely common for AP1's) and gas mileage (you can see this on Fuelly if you wish).

Nearly all stock parts will be included with the sale of the car (if you wish to have them), with the exception of the factory air intake, header, and cat-back exhaust system, as those parts were already on the car when I bought it. Everything I have done to the car has been done with the mindset that it can be reversed in order to return the car back to stock/factory form.

*PLEASE NOTE CALIPERS HAVE SINCE BEEN PAINTED SILVER
** If you would like to see pictures of anything, please let me know!

You can view a walk around video of the car here:

Modifications Include:

Exterior:
- Black Chrome S2000 and H Emblems
- JDM EG Civic Sidemarkers
- Blox Shorty Antenna
- JS2k Painted Keyhole Covers

Interior:
- Izzy Front Brackets (Hardtop)
- JPM Coachworks Shift Boot and Leather Console Cover with Arm Rest Cover
- AP2 Door Panels
- AP2 Dead Pedal
- Moddiction 6 Speed Engraved Stainless Steel Anvil Shift Knob
- Modifry Glovebox Organizer
- Extended Floor Mats
- 20% Window Tint Sides/Rear
- 50% Windshield Tint

Engine:
- AEM V2 Cold Air Intake
- Toda Header
- Ganador Vertex SUS Exhaust
- SOS Hood Dampers
- Gladman Performance Fabrication Engine Covers and Shock Tower Brace
- AP2 Valve Cover

Suspension:
- Advan RS II Hyper Black (17x8 +54, 17x9 +63)
- Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 – 215/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear
- PowerStop Drilled & Slotted Rotors
- AP2v1 Calipers (front passenger is a reman which is why it looks rusty) ****calipers have recently been painted silver
- Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers with Swift Springs (9k front/8k rear - rides exactly like stock) (5,000 miles) - original Bilstein springs included
- T1R Halfshaft Spacers

Audio:
- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X995 Head Unit
- JL Audio XD 500/3 Amp
- JL Audio C2 650x door speakers with tweeters
- JL Audio Stealth box 10w3

Factory Parts Include: (if you want them)

Radio (with security code)
Door Speakers
Door Panels
Dead Pedal
Shift Knob
Shift Boot
Arm Rest Cover
Antenna
Floor Mats
Wheels & Lug Nuts (with center caps)
Spare Tire, Tools and Box
OEM Hardtop Latches
Tonneau Cover
Valve Cover
Hood Prop Rod

Selling the car as-is. Title is clean, clear, and in hand. No accidents. Any questions just ask.

**No Part Outs At All. Not Interested In Trades***

Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

very clean ! GLWS
The following users liked this post:
Kenshyn (07-17-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dm
Old 08-14-2019, 01:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

This showed up in my FB marketplace ads for cars. Love it! GLWS.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:14 PM

BUMP
Price drop. Need this car sold.

Make me a reasonable offer!
Old 02-29-2020, 06:16 PM

Sold