Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

CA-2006 GPW/Black (STOCK, CLEAN)

Old 02-10-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA-2006 GPW/Black (STOCK, CLEAN)

SOLD

Year, Make & Model: 2006 Honda S2000
Description: 2006 GPW exterior with full black interior (ONLY year made with this combination)
Mileage: 74,000 miles
Price: $22,000 O.B.O.

Reluctant to sell my GPW ext./black interior AP2 since it’s been an amazing driver’s car. If you own an S2000 now then you know what I mean, and if you are looking for your first one this is a gem, I promise.
I am the second owner and acquired the car in 2011 by purchasing a one way ticket to Houston, Texas to buy it from a dealer there. I drove it back from Houston with 26,000 miles on the odometer at the time. As I mentioned this is a driver’s car and is meant to be driven, in my opinion, so I have accumulated a few miles since I brought my baby home. There are 74,000 miles on the car now and it still runs as if I just picked her up for the first time in Texas.

It is a super clean, stock car since the only reason I went so far to get it from SoCal is because it was one of the few unmolested 2006 GPW/Black interior AP2s I could find on the market at the time and even today.
The only “modification” I made was to replace the chrome lug nuts with some sweet black CR lug nuts. This was even a stretch for me but I thought it looked better. Other than that, all exterior and interior trim, linings, badges, lighting, audio, accessories, and upholstery is bone stock.

Also, the front and rear tires were upgraded to a staggered, fuller Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport P225/45R17 94W front and P255/40R17 94W rear with about 75% life left. Since it is a staggered tire set-up, the tires are rotated side to side at every oil change and torqued to 108Nm every time.
Again, super clean, always garaged, or covered (OE cover included) and well maintained according to factory service intervals. No leaks of any kind, no driveability issues, car feels and looks like new!

Now, here are a few descriptions of the not-so-perfect items from a daily, fun spirited driven, but garage kept car’s life:
It has a small, approximately 1” tear on the soft top, near the driver window, above the latch (the latch tore it, no theft). The tear was patched right away and doesn’t leak. When I purchased the car from the dealer in Texas they didn’t do the best job in installing the soft top but by the time I got out of the dealer I had to drive it away to its new home in SoCal so I didn’t have time to nitpick the installation, so I didn’t. Because of that, it has a slight curl/wave on the rear of the soft top on both right and left corners. I think the best solution would be just to get it reinstalled but that would be up to the buyer. It really didn’t bug me that much so I never did it. On the plus side, the top is less than four years old and is in great shape.

The front bumper cover has some wear and tear features, i.e., small chips and scratches but never replaced or repainted. The rear bumper looks awesome since I did need to get that replaced with an OEM bumper and you will see it on a Carfax report since I went through insurance. Don’t worry, I’m okay! The car hit a wall at a very slow speed as it rolled down my awesome driveway without a driver. Not my proudest moment.
Ideally, I would like this car to go to a good home that would appreciate it for what it is, a super clean, and super stock rarity. I wouldn’t be selling it, ever, but my priorities have changed and I will miss this car dearly.

I am not looking to trade for anything. In fact, I’m looking to downsize our fleet of cars and stuff so please no requests for trades.
Thanks for looking!

I can email you pictures, please contact me.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekteach
[Also, the front and rear tires were upgraded to a staggered, fuller Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport P225/45R17 94W front and P255/40R17 94W rear with about 75% life left. Since it is a staggered tire set-up, the tires are rotated side to side at every oil change
I think you really mean non-directional tire. Staggering has nothing to do with it. It's just different size front to rear. RE760 is indeed non-directional but asymmetric tire.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:04 PM

Wider tires in back is what staggered tires means in my books
Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 PM

SOLD... to me!!! Thank you, Priscilla!