Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

BRAND NEW '03 Red Hummer H2 for $44K

Old 01-26-2004, 07:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BRAND NEW '03 Red Hummer H2 for $44K

This is a great deal, but you must act quick to get this H2 at this once in a lifetime price.

This is a brand new RED METALLIC H2 with the chrome package. The car has less then 100 miles and is at a dealership and has never been titled. The car was won in a raffle so everything is legit, you just need to act quickly.

If you are in the NJ area (or not) and want to pick up an awesome H2 for a great price, this is your chance. The only caveat is that the deal must be done quickly and the new owner must pick up the car by this Friday, January 30th.

The price is firm. The H2 invoices at $49K. Let me say this again, this is a great deal if you can act quickly.

Call Brian at 646-296-9729 for more details. Due to the short time frame, you are much better off calling then replying to this thread.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what i am wondering is what is the price...is it the envoice price? just wondering
Old 01-26-2004, 09:06 AM

The price for the car is $44,000 firm. Unless you would like to pay more.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:07 PM

Yup $44k for a vehicle with these amazing specs:

TEST DATA from Motortrend:

0-60 mph, sec: 10.22
1/4 mile, sec/mph: 17.30/80.0
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft: 151-ft.
600-ft slalom, mph: 52.2
Lateral acceleration, g: 0.624
EPA mpg, city/hwy: 11/14 (est)

And to top it off, a Hummer is too wide for most of the 4-wheel-drive trails in the US (which are often based on old wagon trails).

When is this silly SUV fetish going to stop?
Old 01-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Hey hun, can you post some pics...I want to see.
Thanks!

Julie
Old 01-27-2004, 06:56 AM

I unfortunately don't have pics. I'm hoping to get some today.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by norice
When is this silly SUV fetish going to stop?

The popularity of SUVs makes me sick -- gotta get one for the wife because she's such not a good driver and I want her safe! So we wind up with oversized, over-consuming, over-polluting tanks on the road that that are difficult to navigate and see out of, and if they hit anything are going to cause tons of damage and destruction. Grrrrrrrr ....
Old 01-27-2004, 12:20 PM

Man, people really like to hate on the SUV. I'm just trying to move a vehicle, nothing less, nothing more. Can you pull a boat with a car? No. Can you fit 7 people in your car and take long trips? Not too many cars can do this. Can you pack all kinds of crap in your car with a normal sized family on a 2 week getaway? yeah, probably, but it'll be tight.

Sure, a minivan could do a lot of this (no boat pulling), but how many people here really want to own a minivan. So most people that complain about the SUV are usually single or married with no kids and an SUV is not necessary. I'm not a huge SUV fan either and my goal in life is not to own one, but if I have 2 or 3 kids one day and they play sports and I need to haul all kinds of equipment plus them, I'm going to own an SUV.

ERIK
Old 01-27-2004, 08:27 PM

Erik, I wasn't bagging on you or this thread -- I understood you're just trying to sell it after winning it in a raffle. But yes, I hate SUVs, no doubt about it. Let me elaborate ...
(rant warning)

The problem for me is that I don't see many SUVs pulling boats or hauling sports equipment -- I see them driven by one person more often than not for everyday driving. One can pick up junior and a week's load of groceries in something smaller than a suburban, I'm confident. How often does a family really take a 2-week road trip? Wouldn't renting a specialized vehicle for that unique occasion make more sense?

Some people tell me and my wife that we are going to wind up owning an SUV once we have kids. No way is that going to happen. Two kids fit in the back seat virtually all cars, with a trunk for other stuff. We'd rather plan around the inconvenience of not having the biggest vehicle we could ever need at our disposal, everyday. If we have to drive two vehicles a few times a year, so be it (especially if one is the S...). If we are going to buy a big-assed SUV, we might as well quit recycling and start cleaning our house with chlorine bleach and buying our food from Wal-Mart. None of this is going to happen; contrary to popular belief, the SUV is not a necessity for modern living.

I know a guy who got rear-ended by an SUV doing about 45 at time of impact. He was driving a Honda Civic that was totaled, and he missed more than two weeks of work because of the accident. When he went back, he was asked if he was going to use the insurance money to buy an SUV, you know, so he'd be safe if that happened again. His answer was hell no, why would he want to contribute to the problem? A life-threatening car accident was not enough to shake his principles on the matter; it didn't change the fact that a road full of 3-ton SUVs is a bad thing. I wish more people saw things this way.

The Hummer in particular is an axiomatic example of oversized and overweight SUVs. It is really a ridiculous vehicle when you step back and look at the big picture.

There are so many things to hate about SUVs that I hope you can understand why it is such a polarizing topic.
(End of rant)

Seriously Erik ... good luck selling the H2, they are so popular right now you should not have a problem moving it.