Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)

Old 03-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)

For sale is a: 2006 Triumph Thruxton 900 (Caspian Blue with checkerboard center stripe)

Sell Price: $6,800 OBO

·2[sup]nd [/sup]owner motorcycle

·6,161 miles

·Clean title in hand

·Never been down

·Stored in a heated garage year round

·Maintained meticulously

·Adult owned and ridden

·Never been to the track or raced (the safety wiring is just my anal tendencies)

·This is a carbureted model for those of you not familiar with the Carb v.s. EFI model years

The story behind this bike is the following: I bought this Thruxton 900 (really 865cc J) from a family acquaintance a little less than 2 years ago. He had it garaged since new but barely put any miles on it (3,964 since it was bought brand new in 2006 to be exact). I had seen him show up to Marcus Dairy (the Connecticut bike Mecca for so many generations) on occasional Sundays throughout the years and always told myself I would own that bike. Well In October of 2012, he decided that he really wasn’t using it and it would be better off with someone who did. This thing was mint, was clearly owned by a meticulous individual, and came with way too many goodies to pass up. It also came with all the service paperwork from the dealer which I have saved and will pass on to you. The owner had the first service done plus 3 more oil changes done (all synthetic) within the 3,800 miles that he rode the bike. Very meticulous owner. He even gave me all the leftover OEM parts which I will also pass on to the next owner.

I am selling it because I too have not been able to ride it as much as I had hoped. It runs great,handles rather well for the kind of motorcycle it is, and is a barrel of fun. With that said I already have a sport bike and when I have to choose one to ride on my day off it’s my Ducati Streetfighter. Mind you I am not opposed to keeping the Thruxton if I cannot sell it for what I am asking for or close. It costs me close to nothing to insure (about $300 a year) and the bike needs absolutely no maintenance.

It comes with 2 keys, owner’s manual, Haynes Workshop Manual, all paperwork, and a swingarm lift stand. It has a huge list of accessories (No need to list the prices. If you read that list you’ll know you’re getting a hell of a package):

·Pretech 6-Piston Front Brake Caliper (with EBC brake pads) (black)

·Pro-Bolt Race Spec Front Caliper Mounting Bolts

·Goodridge SS Front Brake Line (with 0 degree banjo bolt)

·Ikon Performance Rear Shocks (chrome with black springs)

·Progressive Suspension Progressive Front Fork Springs

·Triumph Performance USA Billet Fork Brace (black)

·Newbonneville.com Airbox Removal Kit (ARK)

·Newbonneville.com Air Injection Removal Kit (black)

·NGK Spark Plug Wires (red)

·Spiegler/LSL Rider Pegs (silver)

·Powder Coated Heel Plate (black)

·Dime City Cycles Rearset Foot Controls

·Dime City Cycles Café Racer Seat (custom painted Caspian Blue with OEM checkerboard decal)

·Modified OEM Side Covers (custom painted Caspian Blue with a café style Triumph decal)

·Joker Machine Series 900 Headlight Brackets (black)

·Joker Machine Ignition Switch Relocation Bracket (black)

·Joker Machine Clutch Cable Guide (silver)

·Newbonneville.com Clutch Lifer Dress-Up Kit (black with machined Union Jack)

·TriumphTank Knee Pads

·PJ Glassfibre 8-Ball Choke Knob

·PJ Glassfibre Oil Cooler Guard (black)

·MAS Engineering Sprocket Cover (polished)

·MAS Engineering Windscreen/Number Plate (polished)

·Retro Racer Headlight Stone Guard (chrome)

·TEC Steering Damper (black)

·TEC 2 into 1 Exhaust

·Cone Engineering Reverse Cone Slip-On

·Monza Flip-Up Gas Cap

·LCF Billet Aluminum Breast Plate (black with machined Union Jack)

·Newbonneville.com Union Jack Oil Filler Cap (black with machined Union Jack)

·Newbonneville.com Mirror Hole Plugs (black with engraved Union Jack)

·Newbonneville.com Rear Fender Eliminator Kit

·Newbonneville.com Solo Seat Bolt Extensions

·Dime City Cycles Lucas Style Taillight

·LED Brake Light Bulb

·FP Racing Medium Length Brake & Clutch Levers (black with silver adjuster)

·Dime City Cycles Retro Barrel Grips (black)

·RizomaFront Brake Reservoir (black)

·Custom Rear brake Reservoir (removed the unnecessary plumbing of the rear reservoir)

·Custom Front Reservoir Mounting Bracket

·CustomRam Mount Mounting Mounting Bracket (w/Ram ball ideal for mounting a GPS/phone)

·Custom Beer Cap Pre-load Adjuster Knobs

·Tyga Clip-Ons (black)

·CRG Hindsight Lane Split Bar-End Mirrors (black)

·Formotion Classic Black Face Clock

·Deltran/Battery Tender Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (80% lighter than OEM battery)

·Deltran/Battery Tender Harness (can be used to plug in and power up accessories)

·Newbonneville.com LED Tachometer, Speedometer Conversion (blue)

·Newbonneville.com LED Idiot Lights Conversion

·Newbonneville.com Sport Style Front Turn Signals (chrome w/amber lens to match the rear)

·LED License Plate Lights (mounted to the undertail)

·Hella H4 Type Sealed Headlamp

·PIAA H4 Xtreme White Plus Headlight Bulb

·Clear Film Tank Protector

·GoPro Mount (on the tank)

I recently did the following:

·Polished cases

·Polished ends of passenger pegs

·Polished valve cover

·New valve cover gasket

·New brake fluid (that’s ATE super blue DOT 4 not silicone don’t worry!!!!)

·Oil and filter change (Castrol Synthetic + K&N filter) roughly 1,000 miles ago

·New fork oil when I installed the progressive fork springs (less than 400 miles ago)

·New tires (Michelin Pilot Road 3) about 1500 miles ago (some people get nearly 5k out of them)

o Note the tires are not the stock size

§ Wentfrom a 100 to 110 in the front

§ Wentfrom a 130 to a 150 in the rear

o Tubes were replaced when I installed the new tires

Also have the following parts that will come with the bike:

·OEM Seat

·OEM Seat Cowl

·Bobbed OEM Front Fender (painted satin black)

·OEM Airbox

·OEM Clip-Ons

·OEM Headers (wrapped in Accel black exhaust wrap, safety wired, and sprayed w/black water-resistant silicone exhaust wrap sealant)

·Lossa Engineering Reverse Cone Slip-Ons (mounted on headers)

Located in Yonkers, NY (10min north of NYC off the NYS Thruway)…I have sold quite a bit of parts/items on this forum as well as other car and bike forums, and have always had pleasant and easy transactions…price is OBO so feel free to make me a reasonable offer…

You can contact me/send mean offer via PM, or email at: midnightmethane@gmail.com

or give me a call at (914) eight two six -3588

I try to describe the items for sale as best I can but please see the posted pictures as further reference and evidence, but please don’t hesitate if you have any questions.

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE

**note this thread is also posted in the NY Metro Exchange.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0001.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0002.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0003.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0004.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0006.jpg  

2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0007.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0009.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0011.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0013.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0014.jpg  

2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0018.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0019.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0021.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0024.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0025.jpg  

2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0026.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0027.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0028.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0029.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0034.jpg  

2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0035.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0038.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0043.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0044.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0043.jpg  

2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0041.jpg   2006 Triumph Thruxton (Caspian Blue)-dsc_0042.jpg  
Old 03-31-2015, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful bike. Good luck mate
Old 04-14-2015, 02:27 AM

bump!!!!! come on people it's riding weather and who doesn't want a nice cafe racer for this spring/summer/fall?!?!?!?
Old 04-19-2015, 04:11 PM

bump!!!