Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.

2006 HPDE/Track Well Sorted-51K miles

Old 08-27-2024, 06:26 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2006 HPDE/Track Well Sorted-51K miles

Background: I have been a member on the board for many years. I previously owned 2003 Suzuka Blue track car that had a full cage installed by Louie Contrares (L-Con). I sold this to a member and changed hands a couple of time and eventually was on the race circuit. I hate to have to let this one go as I sorted this out with a lot of quality parts once I bought this off a member here. It has seen ZERO track miles since I have had it and the parts that I installed are brand new. Just have not had time and likely will not track again. I will NOT part out, so please dont ask.This is a very well sorted 2006 Silverstone S2000 with 51k miles, ideal for HPDE/TRACK events and also street legal. It has a cat and will pass emissions. I've had the car for almost 3 years and purchased it from the 3rd owner.There is no sound system. The original A/C is still there and works great. The car weighs ~2,700 lbs.

I purchased the car off of fellow s2ki member and added/changed out several of the mods. I have spent $18K since I bought the car in March 2021, but it has never seen the track since I have owned it. I just never got around to tracking her. Therefore these mods are BRAND NEW: Racebreed splitter, MCS 2WR, Hyperco Springs, StopTech Front BBK, Koyo Radiator, Karcepts Rear Sway bar, Sparco seat and PCI rails, Voltex Type 7 Wing, CE28N Evasive Specials 17x10 +44, corner balanced, alignment and all fluids changed at Evasive Motosports, carbotech brake pads front and rear, Maxxis RC1 255 square.

The car is mechanically perfect and cosmetically very good, with some minor notes:
- One burn mark on the passenger side fender, from a tire rubbing during track events previous owner. Fenders are rolled at 4 corners. Small nicks in the windshield. Typical for a track day car, nothing crazy.

** Engine/Drivetrain,
K&N intake
Koyo Radiator
PLM Header

Berk 70mm High Flow Cat
T1R 70R-EM single 70mm exhaust
Hondata Flashpro, dyno-tuned by Evans Tuning (225whp)
O.S. Giken 1.5way LSD
Moroso catch can
Morosco Baffled Oil Pan Insert

Exedium Racing Diff mount collars

** Suspension/Handling:
MCS 2WR
Hyperco Springs, 850 front / 700rear
Gendron 1.25" front sway bar, hollow, with ball bearing mounts
Karcepts rear Sway Bar
J's Racing S1 front camber joints

Comptech Strut brace
Comptech X-Brace
CR steering rack, quicker ratio than AP2
Spoon solid steering rack bushings

** Wheels/tires:
Volk CE28N 17x10 +44 Mag Blue (Evasive Special)
Extended studs
Maxxis RC1 255

** Brakes:
Stoptech C43 Front Carbotech XP10 Front XP8 rear
Stainless steel lines
Wasp Composite brake ducts
Master cylinder brace

** Exterior
CR lip
Racebreed 3" Front Splitter
Mugen hard top

MRacing Type IV mirrors
Voltex Type 7.5 1700mm with 275mm stands
Shaved emblems and keyholes
Front and rear tow hooks
Hood struts
Carbon fiber intake shroud
AP1 rear bumper for better fit with single exhaust
Rolled front and Rear Fenders

** Interior:
Sparco EVO L QRT with PCI Seat Rail
Schroth Profi-II 6-point harness (x2) - expired, in good shape
Works Bell Quick Release
Works Bell short hub
Personal Grinta 330mm steering wheel
Stripped interior behind seats
Hard Dog double diagonal roll bar w/ lowered harness bar
Moddiction Anvil Shift Nob
Wider gas pedal plate for easier heel/toe
Full sound system removed

ASKING PRICE: $38000

The following users liked this post:
iLuveketchup (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 02:10 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

I've been in this car around Carolina Motorsports Park back when the last owner had it. Literally a perfect example of a well sorted ap2 track car.
Wish I had the funds for a second s2000 when he listed it up for sale.
I know you'll regret letting this one go!
Old 08-27-2024, 02:18 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

@iLuveketchup 's old ride?
Old 08-27-2024, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! My car made it to the opposite coast.

Originally Posted by Turn-R-Us
The car is mechanically perfect and cosmetically very good, with some minor notes:
- One burn mark on the passenger side fender, from a tire rubbing during track events previous owner.
This is from the carousel (exact copy of the Nurburgring) in Summit Point Shenandoah circuit. I am very proud of that mark. Patina at it's finest.

Last edited by iLuveketchup; 08-27-2024 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious to know how “street-able” this setup is. I noted the spherical bushings for the rack and roll bar…between those and the spring/shock setup, how realistic would it be as it is for weekend rides in addition to track duty?
Old 08-31-2024, 11:26 AM

Received 614 Likes on 429 Posts

^^^That depends on your own tolerance levels.

My car isn't too far from this setup, and I drive mine up to 350 miles round trip to and front track events and do canyon street driving. Main thing is that the car still has AC.
Main differences with my car is that I still have heating, kept the radio in, and still have OEM-differential (future mod for me) otherwise almost identical setup.
Old 08-31-2024, 12:45 PM
Jub

Received 418 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by trackman828
Curious to know how “street-able” this setup is. I noted the spherical bushings for the rack and roll bar…between those and the spring/shock setup, how realistic would it be as it is for weekend rides in addition to track duty?
I think it's largely going to depend where you live, what you plan on doing with it, and your tolerance. I have the same suspension setup that's on this car (dampers and same spring rates, swaybars), same diff, roll bar, etc. If you turn the dampers down a bit and you're not riding on crappy roads, it rides pretty well. No getting around the fact that it's loud and stiffly sprung. I have more interior left but it does rattle over bumps. On smooth roads, not a big deal, but if there's successive bumps it can sound like a rattle trap. I enjoy driving my car on the streets when I drive it only where I want to. Dailying it would suck. It's also not bad on the highway but that'll depend how loud that exhaust is.

If you're expecting anywhere near factory levels of NVH, this ain't it. If you're out for a good time and understand that it's a focused car that won't enjoy bumpy roads, it can be fun. Nobody in your passenger seat is going to mistake it for being comfortable either.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:33 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd do $30k cash. But I know OP wouln't take that. I understand it's a lot of work in mods but, it just is what it is. His taste is different than others. I do hope he get's the offer he wants.
Old 09-21-2024, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
^^^That depends on your own tolerance levels.

My car isn't too far from this setup, and I drive mine up to 350 miles round trip to and front track events and do canyon street driving. Main thing is that the car still has AC.
Main differences with my car is that I still have heating, kept the radio in, and still have OEM-differential (future mod for me) otherwise almost identical setup.
Originally Posted by Jub
I think it's largely going to depend where you live, what you plan on doing with it, and your tolerance. I have the same suspension setup that's on this car (dampers and same spring rates, swaybars), same diff, roll bar, etc. If you turn the dampers down a bit and you're not riding on crappy roads, it rides pretty well. No getting around the fact that it's loud and stiffly sprung. I have more interior left but it does rattle over bumps. On smooth roads, not a big deal, but if there's successive bumps it can sound like a rattle trap. I enjoy driving my car on the streets when I drive it only where I want to. Dailying it would suck. It's also not bad on the highway but that'll depend how loud that exhaust is.

If you're expecting anywhere near factory levels of NVH, this ain't it. If you're out for a good time and understand that it's a focused car that won't enjoy bumpy roads, it can be fun. Nobody in your passenger seat is going to mistake it for being comfortable either.
Thank you both for your answers. I live in Southern NJ, the roads are not great, so this isn’t for me.
Old 09-30-2024, 05:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to chime in on what others have said regarding the streetability. Definitely not a daily driver, but driving to an event and back is fine. The AC works, just need some tunes . The dampers/springs work well together to smooth out the ride, but yes dont expect OEM drive. The exhaust is not very loud at all. Yes agreed 30K will not get you the car, but I am willing to negotiate... some. Thank you all for your inputs and looking.

Last edited by Turn-R-Us; 09-30-2024 at 05:49 AM.