Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

2004 Berlina Black S2000

Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Berlina Black S2000

CAR IS SOLD

Up for sale is my father's 2004 Berlina Black S2000. Car has 33xxx miles on it. Purchased new in November 2004.

Full Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/Emile.Galib/S2000

VIN: JHMAP21434S000631

Condition:
Mechanically, the car is in excellent condition. All routine service has been done. The factory manual recommends changing the oil every 7500 miles. This has been done every 3000 with Mobil 1 synthetic.

The exterior is in good shape, but could use a buff and a detail. The car was washed regularly, but not waxed enough in my opinion. Since it's black any swirl marks are more noticeable than another color. It's not that bad; I'm just pretty anal about cars and want to point out everything to a potential buyer. I guess I would just say that the paint isn't show quality. I'll let the pics do the talking. There's one or two parking lot dings, but once again nothing horrific.

The "Accident":
The car has been in one minor accident. Let me emphasize that all damage was strictly cosmetic. Absolutely no frame damage. Sorry if this is a lengthy description, but I want to go over every detail. This car was babied for the first 2.5 years of it's life, at which point my father purchased a Boxster S. Choosing to baby that car, the S2000 was given more daily driver duties. An unfortunate consequence of this is that it was driven over the winter last year, never in salt or snow however.
It was during this period that the car hit a patch of black ice while I was driving it one night on a backroad on way too little sleep. It was on a sharp turn going up a hill. The car was going maybe 20mph at most. When the backend went out to my left side around this right turn I overcompensated and turned left giving part throttle. In the S2K, however, I should have let completely off the gas. I hadn't driven this car in a while and in my S4 this action would have corrected things. In the S2K it caused the backend to go out to the right so I was sliding with the passenger side going forward. This particular road has an embankment on either side. This clipped the very front of the bumper from the side causing the car to spin once again counterclockwise.This caused the rear bumper to contact the same embankment the front had.
This all happened at a very low speed so the frame was not pushed in any way. I drove the car the remaining 10 miles home with nothing other than minor alignment issues. The resulting damage was a cracked front bumper, a crimp in the driver side fender from the bumper, a crack in the back of the passenger side headlight from the bumper pushing it into metal, and a small tear in the rear bumper, and dings on the exhaust tips, and some scuffs and scrapes on the wheels.
Instead of trying to fix any of the less damaged items we had everything replaced with brand new OEM Honda parts except the wheels, which are structurally perfect, and the exhaust tips. They just have some curbage. The items replaced were: The front bumper skin, the rear bumper skin, the driver side fender, the pass side headlight and ballast, the pass side fender liner, and the front undertray, which had been cracked. Instead of paying 90 dollars a side for the exhaust tips I put back on an exhaust that had been made for it (more details below) that was in the garage. The stock exhaust was being run at the time of the accident because the other one was deemed to loud for winter top up driving. The only mechanical treatment the car received was an alignment. It drives just like it did before the accident.

Aftermarket Parts:
This car is very stock. The non OEM parts it has are:

Falken Azenis 615 tires in 215/45/17 and 255/40/17 sizing
Hawk HPS ceramic brake pads
Comptech Cold Air Intake
A custom exhaust that was made for it. Basically replicates the shape of the stock exhaust but using 2.5 inch piping the whole way and a 2.5 inch magnaflow muffler on either side. It has a standard resonator, can't remember the exact size, and a heimholtz resonator (like the stock exhaust). It's pretty loud and like most exhausts on the S2K I don't think it made any power. We were considering cutting off the one side and making it a single, but never got around to it. The car could be sold with this or with the stock exhaust with no tips for a little bit less.

Will include the factory exhaust and airbox regardless.

Pricing:
This thread is really to test the waters, but I know this site requires an asking price so I'll say 20,000obo. Reasonable offers are welcome. The car has a completely clean title. I cannot stress enough the strictly cosmetic nature of the accident, so it's really just a matter of not having the factory vin stickers on a few parts. If anyone is seriously interested, contact me and we can further discuss pricing.

Just pm me or post your e mail, aim, phone, or other form of contact and I will get in touch with you.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Bump
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM

I sent you an email with some pretty specific details. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Cheers

Kerry
Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 AM

I just realized that the e mail I had listed with this site is an old e mail from school; I don't get on here much. I've changed it. Pm'ed
Old 08-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Bump
Old 08-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Bump. 18k takes it
Old 08-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Subscribing and bump. I will be very interested in three weeks.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:28 AM

PM sent.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope you still have this in 1-2 months
Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Bump