Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k

Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k

1514xx miles (This is my DD, and will increase somewhat per day)

Brief vehicle history:
I purchased this car in early March 2010 at 98k miles for a daily driver. Car was completely stock and in good shape. I started with a few small mods, and have continued to just make a few changes over time, focusing most of my time on maintaining the car and upgrading several items to my liking. The car is getting old, but still drives great. Car also still looks very good and cleans up quite nicely, as I believe you'll see in the pics - though no one will confuse this for a new car. Car has a few dings and rattles as will any car with this age and mileage.
I do mobile IT work in the Richmond, VA area so most of the miles that I have put on the car are just from typical driving for work. Another large portion of the miles have been highway miles back and forth to visit Pittsburgh, where my girlfriend went to school for her masters.

As stated, there are some typical defects in line with the mileage. As honestly as I can, I'll explain what and where these are.
- There are two small dings from falling acorns and things on the trunk (I tried to show these in one of the pictures, but they are small and it was too reflective to get a good impression.
- Wheels are in great shape overall, save for two things. As in the picture, the passenger front wheel has a very small scuff. Also, the passenger rear wheel has lost the center cap. A very brief Internet search did not find a replacement cap, as the wheels are old school cool. You may have better luck finding a replacement center cap than I did.
- Seats are in great shape for mileage and don't have any real cracking, but bolsters are a bit worn.
- Armrest/center console fabric is a bit rough on one corner.
- Wheels are not super aggressive and do not rub all that often (especially since coils are almost at full stiff), but I did hit a large pothole last year, which snagged the passenger fender. I have shown this in the pictures. This is definitely repairable, but hasn't bothered me enough to do so yet.
- Car consumes a bit of oil, as many s2000's do. Since switching to Amsoil, the amount it consumes has gone down a decent amount. About 1.5 quarts every 3000 miles.

You'll find a bunch of pictures attached. If there are any other pictures I can get for you or answer any specific questions, I'd be happy to. I love this car, but family plans and a desire for a slightly larger car are forcing me to sell it.

I have tried to keep up with maintenance items as best as I can. Top was replaced 3-4 months ago with the high end Robbins top. It looks great and functions perfectly. Strikers and passenger latch were replaced at the same time as the strikers were worn and the latch was broken. Other maintenance items have been done at regular intervals throughout my ownership.

Maintenance:
New Honda TCT
New Robbins Canvas Top with heated glass #2540CST
New HT Strikers
New Passenger vert latch
Consistent oil changes, recently using Amsoil
Changed tranny fluid 3x with Honda MTF
Changed Diff fluid 2x with Amsoil 75w-110
Only 93 octane gas
Serp belt, spark plugs replaced ~30k ago
Coolant flushed + new rad fan switch ~20k ago

Upgrades:
Work VS-Edition 3 Pc wheels (18x8 +50 front and 18x9 +50 rear)
Continental Extreme Contact DW (225/40/ZR18 front, 245/35/ZR18 rear)
Science of Speed hood dampers (Opens to almost 90 degrees - major improvement over stock)
K&N FIPK
Whiteline front subframe brace (powdered gold)
Megan racing track coilovers (height + stiffness adjustment)
Clear side markers with amber bulbs
Berk 70mm high flow cat
Invidia Q300 V4 stainless exhaust with burnt Ti tips
JVC Arsenal KD-A735BT receiver (Support A2DP for wireless streaming from phone - works beautifully)
Modifry wired JVC DCI with harness
Boston Acoustics SE65RC 6.5" door speakers
Modifry cluster mount
Modifry glovebox organizer
Ingalls Stiffy Engine Torque Damper
Innovative 75A engine and transmission mounts

Uninstalled Extras:
Ebay smoked headlights (These look very good. I installed these, but the projectors were very low quality. I had no spare projectors nor could I bring the car down without headlights to swap my projectors into the housings)
All 4 new Raybestos brake pads
T1R Driveshaft spacers (Car doesn't show symptoms of NEEDING these, but I figured better safe than sorry)
Innovative 75A differential mounts
All 4 stock wheels in good shape with very bald Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Price - $9.5k
Location - Richmond, VA

Imgur Album

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-2sifvh.jpg

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-uufcmh.jpg

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-6z03fh.jpg

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-vsspdh.jpg

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-a4b1qh.jpg

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-4nh8nh.jpg

2002 BB s2k for sale in Richmond, VA $9.5k-czxqzh.jpg
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a friend that may be interested.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Anyone interested? I'm a bit negotiable on the price, but I feel it is pretty fair.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM

Slight price reduction. Can't go way too much lower, but I'm still somewhat open to offers.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pinesol
Slight price reduction. Can't go way too much lower, but I'm still somewhat open to offers.
hey bro do you still have this car??