Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

OR 2001 S2000, Stock, low miles, OEM hardtop

Old 02-16-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OR 2001 S2000, Stock, low miles, OEM hardtop

Name: Alex
Price: $17,500 with hardtop / $14,500 without OBO

Details:
The car is a 2001 Silverstone S2000 with 55,000 miles, it comes with an OEM hardtop with the matching VIN plaque, OEM front lip and the OEM headrest speakers. I believe the car was originally ordered with all of these options. I purchased the car in last may from my father and he has owned the car since 2007. I had always loved his S2000 and for years I told him that whenever he was ready to sell to let me know. Shortly after we purchased the car we found out my wife is pregnant with our first child and as much as I love this car it just doesn't make sense to have the money and space tied up in a car that we would barely get to use. The car has a clean title in my name with no liens.

The car is in great overall condition and everything works as it should. Most people who see the car can't believe that its a 2001. The car does NOT burn any oil like most AP1s do. The car is (and always has been) 100% stock except for a K&N filter in the stock airbox. The car will also come with the soft top tonneau cover and the soft top headliner (I pulled it out for the extra headroom). Looking around at the forums and cars on CL it seems very hard it to find an unmodified car with low miles in this kind of condition.

Recent maintenance:
Diff fluid replaced @ 47,000 miles
Trans fluid replaced with Honda MTF @47,000 miles
New interstate battery about 1year ago
Modify soft top elastic fix completed
New hardtop strikers installed this winter
Intake valve retainers replaced with AP2 retainers and valve adjustment @ 55,800 miles
Oil changes always done on 3,000 mile intervals with Mobil 1. Last oil change @ 55,800 miles

The intake valve retainers were only done as preventative maintenance, the car was never over revved by myself or my father who took ownership at 30,000 miles. I did find one retainer that was ever so slightly cracked, the keepers were not sunken at all so there was no way to see the damage without removing the retainer.

The car still has the original soft and just this last summer it developed a tiny pinhole on the drivers side in the common wear spot. The hole is basically invisible from the outside but from the inside you can see a little dot of light. It does not leak any water but I still planned to patch it this spring when the hardtop comes off. The plastic windscreen is crack free and in good condition.

The car was in a slight accident during my fathers ownership and the front bumper was repainted. They did a pretty good job but someone with an attention to detail can tell that it was repainted. I also believe that the seal on the front passenger headlight was slightly broken. It has fogged up on me once or twice but it has been at least a few months since I've seen any moisture in it though. The front lip is also cracked on the bottom, I don't know if this is from the accident or not though. I have the receipt from the bodyshop and the total for repairs came to around $800(billed to the other drivers insurance). The car still has all of its original VIN tags.

The tires on the car are Continental DWSs and they are nearly worn out. I was looking forward to upgrading them to something more suited to this type of car but I'm going to leave that for the new owner.

I would really like to keep the car and hardtop together since the hardtop was originally sold for this car and has the rare 2001 only matching VIN tag but If I have to to make the sale I would consider splitting them up.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a nice car, an honest description and a fair price. A good choice for someone in the market. GLWS.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:45 AM

Hi, I am located in Portland and I am interested in looking at your car.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow that's clean. GLWS! If you were closer I would definitely be interested in that hard top!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:51 PM

Wow. that's a beautiful simple yet sophisticated looking S. GLWS.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 AM

Also, I have been tracking my fuel consumption since I took ownership with fuelly. Car has averaged 25.5 mpg for me. Here is the link if anyone wants to see http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/s200...glegend/293325
Old 02-23-2015, 07:13 PM

Price drop to 18,000. Here are a few more pictures too:

This is the tag on the hardtop. From what I've seen it is pretty rare to have a hardtop with one of these tags that matches the vin on the car.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:20 PM

Price drop to $17,500 with HT / $14,500 without. The baby is coming in less than 4 weeks and I really need to get this sold so that we can buy another car.