Carolinas A Better Place to Be

WTB: Cold Air Intake

Old 01-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Cold Air Intake

I have a ap1 s2k and want a cold air intake, does anybody locally have one they want to get rid of?
Thanks,
Nathan
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 PM

i thought i saw one for sale in the charlotte craigs list
Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just FIY I bought a K&N FIPK on amazon for 215 a while back (not sure what the prices are like now) and I love it. Don't have to worry about hydrolock and at WOT it has a great growl.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 PM

looked on craigslist and couldnt find anything local...
I would get a short ram K&N but i have heard its more effective to have an actual CAI
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm running a PRM and love the sound.
FWIW, If you are looking for extra power, the CAI will not give you any. If it's for sound, it's good.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM

What I would recommend (again my opinion)

1. If you are looking for sound similar to a induction, or short ram then remove the cover off of your original box it will give it much more muscle type sound but you could lose a few HP. The reason you will lose HP is because the box was designed for max air flow (why it is a huge bulky monster).

2. If you are looking for the sound of a induction and would like a small 1-2HP gain (maybe) then go with a K&N FIPK. Personally I think there is no gain though if anything maybe a loss.

3. If you would like to go with the AEM, or INJEN induction system the chances of hydrolock increase, and the HP gain would be maybe 2-5HP due to the cold air suction, etc...which you would never be able to feel physically anyways.

The S2000 is tuned great already if you want to get power out of parts then pay the big money otherwise you are wasting money IMO.

Again if you are going for sound like I did then go with option 1, or 2.

Oh one more thing the PRM I think sounds the sexiest FTW!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:35 PM

Haha well i had a ap2, dont ask what happened but i put a injen CAI on it, and LOVED the sound, before that i would pull the air box cover off and just thought it sounded cool. But from what ive been told is that a ap1 (which is what i have now) will not gain as much from a CAI as compared to a ap2... anyway the car has a short ram on it, but i dont like it. i just wanted to see if anyone had a CAI used for sale.... just tryin to save a couple bucks,
Thanks for your responces
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed a k&n filter on mine and gutted the air box and got 8 more ponies! dyno proven! i have charts to prove if i only knew how to load to here. if you want proof that any given modd gets gains, get it dynoed before and after. i do that with any modds i do to the engine. my car dynoed stock at 182@ the wheels. after ,filter,modded box, light weight flywheel, ur pulleys, big bore tb,and vafc2 i'm pushing 205@the wheels. everything dyno checked. by the way the big bore tb had no gains, just better throttle response. chances are you won't get any more hp from a 2to3 hundred dollar cai. filter= 45$ if i remember correctly.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET,Jan 25 2011, 07:17 PM
i just installed a k&n filter on mine and gutted the air box and got 8 more ponies! dyno proven! i have charts to prove if i only knew how to load to here. if you want proof that any given modd gets gains, get it dynoed before and after. i do that with any modds i do to the engine. my car dynoed stock at 182@ the wheels. after ,filter,modded box, light weight flywheel, ur pulleys, big bore tb,and vafc2 i'm pushing 205@the wheels. everything dyno checked. by the way the big bore tb had no gains, just better throttle response. chances are you won't get any more hp from a 2to3 hundred dollar cai. filter= 45$ if i remember correctly.
Was that 8 more ponies on a ap1?
and was that with the vafc?
Cause right now i have a short ram intake with DC headers, tp, and dual N1 invidia exhaust, with a apexi afc neo (making 209 @ the wheels dyno'd) i just feel that im better off on a hot summer day on the track with a CAI.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ap1 with just the filter install and airbox modd was 8hp gain. with all the modds i mentioned was 205hp. 209 hp is dam good for things you have done! if your satisfied with the perfomance with the modds you've done , thats great. i would change a thing.

Quick Reply: WTB: Cold Air Intake