Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Well, after bragging so much about never messing my CM lip protector up...

Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Well, after bragging so much about never messing my CM lip protector up...

Well guys...after telling everyone all the time how I've never really had a problem with my car being so low with my Coastal Metals Front Lip protector, it finally caught up to me:

I actually got pretty lucky. I didn't mess up my OEM lip at all. Others have had the luck of almost ripping their front bumper in half.

I'll be deciding what to do in the next few days
Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You should be able to bend that back. One of the local owners here ran up on a curb and bent his about that bad. IIRC, CM actually offers a replacement gasket/seal that runs along the front.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:01 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

upgrade to the nice downforce carbon one! It would look awesome on your car although I highly doubt it would stand up to any more abuse.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

One reason I finally decided against a lip was because it drops clearance even more, and it can catch on things and rip the whole front end apart. The underside of my lip is scraped but after a year or so, nothing you can see.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
upgrade to the nice downforce carbon one! It would look awesome on your car although I highly doubt it would stand up to any more abuse.
I'm actually very seriously considering this. I'm getting closer and closer to not having to DD my s2k, and that would remove a ton of the concern for me.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by TPhong
You should be able to bend that back. One of the local owners here ran up on a curb and bent his about that bad. IIRC, CM actually offers a replacement gasket/seal that runs along the front.
I actually tried bending it some, and it's very difficult. I may try some more today.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1337169675' post='21702793
I'm actually very seriously considering this. I'm getting closer and closer to not having to DD my s2k, and that would remove a ton of the concern for me.
I caught mine on something pulling out on an incline and it ripped back and bent and cracked my ap2 oem lip I was satisfied with it over all but not that it caught things. I will be doing for a downforce one as well soon!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got access to shop tools if you decide you can't be bothered with it.

Let me know.
Sam
Old 05-16-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many ants were killed in this mishap? LOL! if you've gone this long without damaging it, i would straigthen it and keep rolling.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET
how many ants were killed in this mishap? LOL! if you've gone this long without damaging it, i would straigthen it and keep rolling.
I agree!

I considered switching to the downforce one as well, but then I thought that if I ever hit anything and crack/shatter it, I'd have to buy another one. At least with the CM one, I can somewhat bend it back and put back on.

Quick Reply: Well, after bragging so much about never messing my CM lip protector up...