Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Washed my car

Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washed my car

Haven't been to a meetup lately and got a chance to do a decently good wash job this morning. Here are some pics.

Added the red front emblem and the key hole plugs this morning. Last pic is where it sleeps at night. Enjoy :-)

Oh, and I am in the process of finding some center caps from the rear that are deep enough. Had to order a set from the Uk that SHOULD fit and hopefully be here this week. They are white though, so I will have to sand and paint them.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:08 AM

looks good dude
Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 PM

clean.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 AM

Dude that car needs some claybar, 3M swirl remover and NXT. You got some serious surface scratching.

I told myself dont say anything unless you can say something nice but that just does not look like healthy paint IMO............maybe it is the sun?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 AM

Oh no the paint is not the best. I spent over an hour with a clay bar on it yesterday right before these pics. I have never clay barred it, I am getting DougEFresh to detail it as soon as I can get to Charlotte to get it done. It's a DD, so I don't lose any sleep over it.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:35 AM

Looks nice Josh! You can get the regular Rota centercaps to work, by dremeling out the back of the center cap and trimming the 5 or 6 little prongs down shorter so they snap on the wheel. Works pretty well.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by RichV,Jun 29 2009, 08:35 AM
Looks nice Josh! You can get the regular Rota centercaps to work, by dremeling out the back of the center cap and trimming the 5 or 6 little prongs down shorter so they snap on the wheel. Works pretty well.
I'll try this tonight Rich, thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crackerballer,Jun 29 2009, 07:13 AM
Oh no the paint is SHIT. Worst part is, I spent over an hour with a clay bar on it yesterday right before these pics. I have never clay barred it, and the owner before me introduced a TON of swirls into the paint. I am getting DougEFresh to detail it as soon as I can get to Charlotte to get it done. It's a DD, so I don't lose any sleep over it.
Hey brother dont pay someone to do it. I am in Clemmons and would be more than happy to help you get this thing straight. If you are interested PM me and we can work out what you need and when you want to do it? It is so much better when you do it yourself and can stand back and look at your accomplishment.

Cajun
Old 06-29-2009, 05:22 PM

Cajun, I'll holler at you. I am from Fayetteville, and my parents still live there. That would be great, I am always down to learn how to do this stuff. I will PM you in a minute.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 PM

I am in Fay on the weekends at my house and live in Clemmons during the week for work. I will eventually sell my house out near Carolina Lakes and buy here but for now am back and forth.

Cajun

Quick Reply: Washed my car