Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Is this too much?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, the price just dropped to 21995. Damn!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 AM

I bought my 04 BB for 18,300 out the door, although it did have 54K on it. They were asking 19,500 before any fees and taxes and I did all of my "haggling" on the phone. That's definately the best way to do it. If you haggle in person than you are on their turf and, depending on your personality could cave in to a higher price than you wanted to spend just to get it over with. If you try over email, they may not take you seriously (I know from personal experience). I started at 18,000 out the door and they started at 19,350 out the door. You see who moved the most! I think if I would have waited another day or two I would have gotten it for 18,000, but I gave in at 18,300. It took about 3 days from first call to the final price. It definately helps if you can just hand them a check for the full amount of the car. If you have to finance it, you can still bargain a lot. Lastely, I would definately ask for an "out the door" price, which includes all taxes, tags, dealer fees and any other fee, so when you bargain for 20,000, you don't end up paying 21,500 out the door!

I think 20k out the door would be a good firm price to stay at. Talk to them on the phone, when you can, and say you are interested in another S2000 somewhere else. That helps. Just look around and actuallly tell them which other S2000 it is (even if you realy don't want it). That way you can tell them where it is and how much it is. I did that also.

Just stay as firm to 20,000 as you can, and don't be afraid to let the process take several days.

Good luck and thank you for all of your service!

Rich
Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 AM

I'm not able to use the phones right now or I'd call them and let them know I'm serious. I have a power of attorney so technically he could buy it for me but I won't give him the green light on that until someone on here can check it out for me or somethin. Also, do you think it would be better if I got approved through my bank for the loan first before negotiations? They just lowered the price and I'm afraid it'll be sold before I can get home! They said they could hold the car with a $500 deposit but, again, I dont want to wire money or anything until someone checks it out. Where are my NC people at lol?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:57 AM

I'd look at them for you, but Chapel Hill is about an hour 15 minutes away.

I made all of my negotiations before I actually saw the car in person. Mine was in Charlotte. I just told them that if it was in the condition they said it was I would give them a check (or down payment whatever you can do). I went down to look at it, drove it and was satisified. So, you can always negotiate with them over email if no phone is available. I am sure once they find out you are serving our country in the military they will work with you. You can always give them the stipulation that, before you commit to buy the car you want to inspect it in person and drive the car. You can get all of the haggling out of the way first, then buy it if it looks and runs the way it is supposed to. That's exactly what I did. I just based everything off of the 4 pictures that were on the internet and the cars description.

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 PM

I'm emailing my bank, but if anyone (CrackerBaller?) wants to or can check it out for me, that'd be great and MUCH appreciated. Wish me luck!