Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Someone assaulted my poor baby last night!!

Old 06-08-2002, 08:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Someone assaulted my poor baby last night!!

I'm so upset...last night while parked in front of a friend's house, some *#!!@ing bastard rammed his mom's SUV into my car so hard, that it was knocked back about 10 feet, and has extensive damage to the front quarter panel on the driver's side. My S was undrivable and had to be towed back to Charlotte (we were at Lake Norman).

I couldn't believe it! I didn't see it happen, but a couple of my friends did. This 18-year old (unlicensed driver who had been drinking, BTW...) dropped some girls off at the house next door, was apparently angry at them for some reason, and slammed his SUV into reverse, burning rubber and crashing into my car, which was probably 40-50 feet away. This wasn't even on a real street...it was one of those driveway-width cul-de-sacs in a nice neighborhood, where I was sure my car would've been safe!

Worst of all, this was during a lake party, so we are just lucky that no one was standing near or, even worse, behind the car when this happened. Anyway, that's my sad story, and I now get to spend the rest of the day taking care of insurance, rental cars, etc. What a bummer! Ron took some pictures, but I haven't downloaded them yet. I'll post them later. I'm sure it will be a week or so til I get her back.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks. Someone hit my car a couple of months ago and didn't even leave a note. Just left the car sitting there missing a chuck out of the front bumper for me to find. Obviously not nearly as tragic as yours, but I feel your pain.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:49 AM

Ouch....sorry about the bad luck, but I do hope you take the bastid to the bank
Old 06-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMN!!!

Sheila, I've mobilized the troops. This little shit head will PAY!!! What an idiot!

Hope all goes well with repairs! Keep us posted. . .
Old 06-08-2002, 07:37 PM

Sheila,
I know how much your car means to you! Not to worry though, it'll be home in no time and will look like new!

I hope you get blood out of the juvenile punk that did this!
Old 06-08-2002, 07:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. What did they do with the 18 year old with no license, that had been drinking?
Hope your repair goes ok.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Turns out the "offending driver" was 17 (will be 18 this Friday), and was cited on three counts:

1. Underage drinking
2. Driving without a license
3. "Unsafe Movement"

Turns out his mom had actually given him permission to take her car, knowing he was unlicensed and uninsured, so I no longer feel sorry for her!

The car just arrived at Arnold Palmer Cadillac this morning, whom I've heard does excellent work. (Any feedback from you guys on them?) Seems odd to have an S at the Caddy dealership, but at least they are accustomed to working on upscale cars. I'll know the estimate today, but they told me to get a rental car for "at least a week".

I'll keep you posted! (You can send get well cards to my home address.....)
Old 06-10-2002, 10:08 AM

Well, I used Import Paint and Body when I had my problems and they were great. Regrettably insurance would only repaint the bumper but I have no complaints.

If you would like me to help you find a name at another dealership, let me know. I have a few ins with some of the local people.

You probably won't find a body shop at any dealership other than the GM ones here in town. I don't believe that any of the import dealerships have one.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:17 PM

Honda of Concord claims to be the only Honda-authorized body shop in the area.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:16 PM

Honda Cars of Concord has a VERY good body shop. I used them to repair and repaint my 89 M3 a couple of years ago and had no complaints. Would highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: Someone assaulted my poor baby last night!!