Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Realtor Help in Charlotte

Old 03-16-2005, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realtor Help in Charlotte

My wife and I are researching the possibility of relocating from Los Angeles to Charlotte in the coming months. I would appreciate any help in finding a new home. We are interested in the Dillworth area or anything near there. If possible, even a lot! (I am not sure if this is even possible.)

If anyone knows of a good website or realtor, that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Josh and Jenny
Old 03-16-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allan Tate Realtors is the largest in the Charlotte area. Finding a lot in Dilworth may be tough to come by as it is an older area.

http://www.allentate.com/

Welcome to the Carolinas!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know an excellent Allen Tate realtor; Angela Cook. While she specializes in North Charlotte property, she knows the entire area, and you will not find a more dedicated, professional, successful realtor. Tell her Sheila McCoy referred you.

Good luck on your move; I think you'll love Charlotte. Dilworth may be a tough place to find a lot, but there are many other lovely established neighborhoods as well.

Stay on this board for Carolina S2K get-togethers!

Angela Cook, Allen Tate Realty
704-634-1061 - mobile
angela.cook@atcmail.com
http://www.angelacook.com
http://allentate.com
Old 03-17-2005, 05:20 PM

i used to live in dilworth. if you can, id drive around the area youd like to live. id say half the houses are for sale by owner. the average home in dilworth is about 450k for 2300 square feet or so...so, most owners try and save the 6% and sell themselves. the other option is to go to realtor.com and type in zip code 28203. thats all of dilworth/south end. good luck!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the link. My wife and I are really looking hard to find more information about Dilworth. I guess if everyone sells the home without a realtor, that would explain why I can't find anything online.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:52 AM

Mecklenburg County taxes suck dong. (so do the schools if that matters to you.)

Mecklenburg County and the city of Charlotte = the highest taxes in North Carolina.

You may want to check out Caburrus County as well. It borders Mecklenburg County and the city of Charlotte. The taxes are much lower and the schools are tons better with no gun incidents so far (unlike Charlotte). Where I live in Concord is literally minutes from downtown Charlotte (maybe twenty in non-rush hour traffic). 2300 square feet in Concord will cost you less than 180,000 versus the 450k in Dilworth. The Dilworth area is ok. There are a lot of trendy restaurants and diverse cultures (read "gay", no offense).
Old 03-18-2005, 10:00 AM

Oh, I forgot, good luck. I think you'll like North Carolina.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by terd ferguson,Mar 18 2005, 10:52 AM
Mecklenburg County taxes suck dong. (so do the schools if that matters to you.)

Mecklenburg County and the city of Charlotte = the highest taxes in North Carolina.

You may want to check out Caburrus County as well. It borders Mecklenburg County and the city of Charlotte. The taxes are much lower and the schools are tons better with no gun incidents so far (unlike Charlotte). Where I live in Concord is literally minutes from downtown Charlotte (maybe twenty in non-rush hour traffic). 2300 square feet in Concord will cost you less than 180,000 versus the 450k in Dilworth. The Dilworth area is ok. There are a lot of trendy restaurants and diverse cultures (read "gay", no offense).
why be so negative? myers park hs is a good school. the tax in mecklenburg is the cheapest ive ever lived in (vegas, chicago, chester co-pa, columbia,sc) too. dilworth may have a few gays, but it beats the hell out of wal-marts, rednecks, and trailer parks. there is also a really nice mix of transplants in dilworth/myers park and the property value in downtown charlotte is going up a solid 10% a year over 3% elsewhere. also, from uptown to concord is a solid 25 miles. it might be a 20 minute drive at midnight, but its easily 45 minutes to an hour commute on most days to uptown.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:42 PM

I appreciate the insight I am getting. My wife and I are flying to Charlotte from Los Angeles in April to look at neighborhoods. - I think that regardless of where we decide to live in Charlotte, taxes, crime and traffic have to be better than what I have to deal with now!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:47 PM

I forgot to mention, we plan to check out the Dilworth/ 4th Ward area and Huntersville. - Trying to compare and contract price of homes versus commute to where we might be working.

Quick Reply: Realtor Help in Charlotte