Carolinas A Better Place to Be

opinion on these mods

Old 04-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion on these mods

tell me what u like and dont like and why...

password:jdm cf center console
alcantara shift boot
alcantara hand brake
alcantara sun visors
alcantara glove box
spoon aero mirrors
spoon blue wide rear veiw mirror
personal neo grinta suede steering wheel
spoon steering boss
chargespeed cf door sills
invidia exhaust n1
a pair of bride gias gradation racing seats
buddy club racing seat rails
apr cf cooling plate

... and for the handling heres these mods
"D2 RS coilovers" or "TEIN Flex Coilovers"
cusco cf front strut tower bar
cusco subframe bar
whiteline lower arm brace
cusco rear lower arm bar
cusco front lower arm bar
tanabe sustec sway bars f+r

and some carbon fiber...
cf gauge surround
cf mugen visor panel
cf mugen flared trunk
cf mugen cf hard top

and some other stuff
obx racing ITB
tein hood dampers
IS style rear bumper
seibon ts cf hood
JDM red emblems
exedy hyper single clutch
**YELLOW BOX***
AEM EMS series 2
4.77 gear set
Qube's led red gauge cluster
S2carbonworks dual 10" sub enclosures
amuse front bumper
and cf side skirts

and a set of wheels?

or these
Old 04-07-2010, 01:24 AM

Good luck finding those wheels in s2k fitment and what exactly are you going to do with the car?? Street queen, track, drag,show, ect ect??
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 AM

Yeah you basically went over everything you could do for an s2k and filled in the blank as far as companies go!

You should probably make up your mind first.

Alcantara interior with carbon and Brides?????? really you would do this???
Amuse bumper with cf side skirts, cf hood and mugen everything else???
AND then sitting on those wheels?

You may want to put your money towards better wheels and skip the rice.

If you make this happen and I see that it looks good then I'll eat my words, but from the sounds of it and the list....booooooo this man!! Do some more research.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:15 AM

First off I say $$$, and some more $$$.

Personally if I had the money to spend on those parts I would bank it

But if you really want to work on your list more power to you. I would cancel the wheels all together, IMO they both would look bad on the S2K and fitment wise I am not sure if they would even work. If you really like the wheels though go with the second wheel.

My 2 cents is to save and to browse as many S2K's as possible. Also go to the meets that helps a lot. I have almost 100% convinced myself that I want the CR spoiler even though its a little too tall for my liking it has functionality. After our drive hitting corners functionality I like
Old 04-07-2010, 06:03 AM

well what kinda wheels would you suggest I'm on a $15,000 budget and these mods are gonna happen over about a two year time frame...but I understand what I'm doing is just customiving the interior to my liking and then all the cf on the exterior of the car will be painted except the hood and the bumper. And I going for the show and track because cf lowers the weight of the car after everything is done I'm painting the car Grabber Blue, don't hate on that color lol best lookin color I've seen in years. But like for the cf dash I'm not sure about and idk about the A pillars either, and if you had a choice of a set of shocks what would you choose
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 AM

Whew, that is a hell of a list. Do what you want with the interior. I don't know what most of that stuff looks like. The body pieces you picked don't seem like they would go together well but to each there own. The first wheel is just hidious! The second wheel is ok but I wouldn't do either one. But again, bo what you want. Mods are such a personal preference that you should just do what you want. Noway to satisfy everyone (but please don't buy that first wheel!).
Old 04-07-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by s2000 kid,Apr 7 2010, 06:03 AM
well what kinda wheels would you suggest I'm on a $15,000 budget and these mods are gonna happen over about a two year time frame...but I understand what I'm doing is just customiving the interior to my liking and then all the cf on the exterior of the car will be painted except the hood and the bumper. And I going for the show and track because cf lowers the weight of the car after everything is done I'm painting the car Grabber Blue, don't hate on that color lol best lookin color I've seen in years. But like for the cf dash I'm not sure about and idk about the A pillars either, and if you had a choice of a set of shocks what would you choose
I prefer offset wheels, I did like someones polished wheels but they sold so I heard this weekend, and if I was going to modify the exterior I would either go clean with simple adjustments or all out with a wide body kit, I would never go in the middle if that makes sense.

My question for you is why go carbon fiber when you are going to just paint it? The weight reduction will not make up for the cost. That same money you could toss in a I/H/E, tuning, etc...

There are a few ways you could go, or both its up to you.

Clean exterior
Clean interior
All out exterior
All out interior
Clean engine, simple upgrades
All out engine never ending money pitt

What I would go for if it was me is clean, simple sound, and handling adjustments. That way I have money for other projects.

The best suggestion I can say is go to a meet and see the cars and mods in person, you really will get a feel of what you want to do, and what you would never think of.

$15k is a lot of dough I would start small but see the value of each part you buy. If you find a 6inch piece of carbon fiber for $100 is the value really there for you? Make sure each upgrade makes you jump out of your shoes, otherwise it is probably not worth it.

Again these are my opinions from experience of owning many types of Honda's and spending a lot of money on interior/exterior upgrades.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I like the first set - lipless is modern, lips are old, plus harder to fit on an S.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Apr 7 2010, 06:37 AM
I like the first set - lipless is modern, lips are old, plus harder to fit on an S.
I don't know I like a girl with some big lips personally

What is the idea behind this? obx racing ITB
Old 04-07-2010, 09:26 AM

haha nice well don't worry I just saw those rims at discount tire today and they look really stupid. And these are just options on keeping my ideas open so if ur in the upstate or come to a meet and eat thing I'll show you how the things look I'm trying to figure out where to start, like interior first including sound system, or exterior, or engine, or handling? Interior might be a good area to start, then once I finish that go to the handling, then go work on the engine tryin to get at least 60hp more than stock without a sc or turbo, then after that go to exterior that way you can either just fix up the exterior just a lil where it doesn't look like crap or just add a cf hood and a hard top and a spoiler and say the project is complete

Quick Reply: opinion on these mods