Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Opinion of new NSX

Old 07-20-2008, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion of new NSX

I have always loved the NSX. I did consider buying a used one about 5 - 5 years ago but the maintenance cost seemed a little high for me. I always liked the idea of the Honda Supercar.

The 2009 NSX will probably be renamed and has a V-10 which will do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and reach 200 + mph and is estimated to retail for $150k

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Gener...rticleId=120921

This all sounds good but I honesly have to say hat I think the Nissan GT-R is a much more impressive car at less than half the price (estimated).

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/gtr/2009/review.html

The Nissan has a 6 cyllinder that does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and 11.3 in the 1/4 miles as opposed to 11.7 in the NSX. I just find this car more impressive because it is creating all that power from a 6 clynder and on top of that, they have a 550hp version coming out inf 2010 that will also be 300 lbs lighter with the 80 extra hp. Most estimates have that being in the mid 10 secon range on the 1/4 mile and possibly under 3 seconds for 0-60.

Dont get me wrong, I would take either car and they are both nice but I can only dream about a $150k Honda whereas if I really wanted to push my budget, I might actually be able to own the GS-R lower spec that has the same performance (actually faster) for less than half the price.

Of course we have to wait and see how mouch price gouging goes on in both these cars.

Dean
Old 07-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rumors I've heard (and read) say the NSX is expected to crush the GT-R. I agree, the GT-R is impressive...and I look forward to seeing one in person.

When shopping for a new daily driver...I thought about selling my S2000 and getting the GT-R as my "only" car. But I can't do without the S2000. For me...it's more than just the car...it's the community!

I'm anxious for Honda to get some much needed attention...even if it's in the way of Acura and/or $150k pricing. Truth is, even the NSX at $88k was never gonna happen for me...I'd say once a car gets past $60k, it's completely out of my reach.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:10 AM

The things that disappoint me are the fact that they are completely changing the general idea and persona of the NSX with this new one. Its going to be front engine first off. Mid engine cars are superior IMO and idk why they would change that. Second they are putting a friggin heavy V10 in the thing. They could have easily reached 550hp with a turbo V6 or small V8. And the third thing that bothers me is the fact they are going for a "grand tourer" instead of an all out, purebred sports car. Not to mention they are changing the name. Which I know isn't a big deal but it just shows the fact that they are completely going away from the image of the previous NSX.

Oh yea and Raul reminded me of the price. Now this car is going to be even more out of reach to most people and won't be the nice, somewhat affordable, Honda supercar that everyone yearns to have. It would be nice if they could keep it in GT-R territory cause then they could give that car a real run for its money.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by airgate,Jul 20 2008, 06:02 AM
The rumors I've heard (and read) say the NSX is expected to crush the GT-R. I agree, the GT-R is impressive...and I look forward to seeing one in person.

When shopping for a new daily driver...I thought about selling my S2000 and getting the GT-R as my "only" car. But I can't do without the S2000. For me...it's more than just the car...it's the community!

I'm anxious for Honda to get some much needed attention...even if it's in the way of Acura and/or $150k pricing. Truth is, even the NSX at $88k was never gonna happen for me...I'd say once a car gets past $60k, it's completely out of my reach.
Airgate is a balla.. geez GTR money must be nice. Makes me feel poor being a college student
Old 07-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by s2spoon,Jul 21 2008, 02:45 PM
Airgate is a balla.. geez GTR money must be nice. Makes me feel poor being a college student
I'm in the same boat man. How are you gonna afford a CR though if your in college?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:19 AM

All of our assumptions are baseed on rumors. I would like to know what the displacement of the v10 will be. That will determine the weight on the front end. Also they are probably going to use alot of what they have learned with the S2000 and put it towards the balance and handling characteristics. Just because it has a V10 up front does not mean it is a pig nose Viper. On youtube they have some spy videos of the car tearing around the ring and IMO it sounds amazing and almost like a low displacement high reving F1 V10. Which would be completly awesome! I think with all the time Honda still has to put into the vehicle before the product launch I would not be surprised that the production vehicle will out perform the GTR. Honda FTW!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=Clemsons2k,Jul 21 2008, 02:51 PM] I'm in the same boat man. How are you gonna afford a CR though if your in college?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

airgate...a balla...ha, hardly...

And don't BITCH...you guys have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better cars than I ever did in college... LMAO!!! Dodge Shadow FTMFL!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airgate,Jul 22 2008, 04:00 PM
airgate...a balla...ha, hardly...

And don't BITCH...you guys have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better cars than I ever did in college... LMAO!!! Dodge Shadow FTMFL!!!
1978 Buick Regal here.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Well I had a '96 Saturn SL2 automatic my first year technically. And I woulda had it the entire 4 if it didn't die on me. And thank God it did cause now I have my S because of it

Quick Reply: Opinion of new NSX