Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Nomination: New Carolinas Community Organizer

Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Raulito finally go himself a j-o-b.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I nominate _Kevin (mlc) because he heads up the monthly Raleigh meet and numerous tech days."
Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm flattered to be nominated guys. I would really love to be a CO, but I really don't think I have that much extra time. I would rather nominate someone who has a little more time to dedicate to the cause. With this being said I'd like to nominate Forgetmynamex07 (Scott) bc he's the one who has organized most of the local meets that I've been to since Feb 2009. I also think his location (Columbia) is better suited to cover the middle and lower part of SC, since the upstate already has a CO. Scott is pretty active in the Carolina's and has also created a S2KI SC Contacts Facebook group.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 AM

I agree with tphong, Scott is always pushing and organizing for meets and just like the one that's going on today in Columbia, it was all Scott.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by japhethwar
What is the actual function of the community organizer. I don't want to nominate someone who cannot fulfill the duties. If its just because you love the community then I nominate myself.
The love for the community is definitely a reason. here's a more detailed explanation:

The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by lazy_s2k
No one wants to nominate ME?? Well my fine than! I nominate TPhong dude is always on her 24/7, I believe he had s2ki.com always open on the background of his computer at all times.

I think you might be right about that. I know that I received a PM from a Carolina member asking where the COs were and pointed out the fact that there's no one watching the forum. Whether it's Bryan, Raul, or the new CO, being active in the community and on the board (doesnt mean just posting, it means monitoring) is required.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 AM

The only problem is the people in North Carolina are naming people in NC and the same goes with South Carolina(due to the fact most meets people attend in their own state).
Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

This gonna turn into a North vs South thing?

Long live the Confederacy! Wait...that'd make me a yankee

To expand upon what Raulito and Mocky have already said, a CO is basically a moderator over a regional/local subforum. Being a respectable member of not just the site, but also the local s2000 community is a big plus. A CO is to uphold the TOS of s2ki, as well as use discretion to moderate the Carolinas section.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica

Long live the Confederacy!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica

Long live the Confederacy! Wait...that'd make me a yankee

To expand upon what Raulito and Mocky have already said, a CO is basically a moderator over a regional/local subforum. Being a respectable member of not just the site, but also the local s2000 community is a big plus. A CO is to uphold the TOS of s2ki, as well as use discretion to moderate the Carolinas section.

I just think we need more meets that aren't a NC meet or an SC meet. I know it isn't always intended to be that way but most of the time it is how it works out (somewhere near the NC/SC border that is a easy commute for both states).

Oh and bring back the Myrtle Beach Summer Meet! It has been 6 years since the last one!

Quick Reply: Nomination: New Carolinas Community Organizer