Carolinas A Better Place to Be

new performace shop in spartanburg s.c in shop dyn

Old 07-24-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He hasn't done any S2000s, but when I researched his plans and answers, he matched what I deemed as reliable info. from credible sources in s2ki.com (plenty of misleading hot air to be found in many forums...)

I've studied so much since considering this last week that I feel like I could install a wet nitrous system myself and save a few $$$, but I feel like Chris will do a better job.

Maybe I'll buy a used one and install it in my wife's Rendezvous for the experience!

I also liked his labor rate. I plan on letting him help with repairs on all my vehicles if he is willing...

Seem like good people. I hate to be the first s2000, but I'm bored with the low torque after 3 years and l think I will try this before dropping $50 or $60 grand on another Corvette (z51 convertible) or late model Viper (neither are quite as engaging to the driver)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:31 PM

Let me know how things go. Spartanburg is a little bit of a haul for me from Charlotte, but good people are hard to find and with the S that is key.

Good luck with the install.

Deiger
Old 07-25-2007, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo,Jul 20 2007, 05:19 PM
but new baby keeps me busy.
Hey Gringo, congrats on the baby. I recall that you were still expecting when we did our SC/NC run with Slacker. Tell us more!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:50 PM

Hello, Yflyer: good to hear fom you!

Isabel Louise was born Feb 24, now 5 months old already!!!

It's been great so far and I expect it to continue. It's difficult being a busy dad, but I have plenty of things I can neglect to spend more time with her...

Good/bad news is that I plan on celebrating her health by selling the s2000 if I can get decent money for it and purchase something a little meaner.

I really want to try the nitrous for the heck of it, but some of my wife's coworkers have expressed interest in buying it from me. It still looks like new. I'll give them a chance, before I make up my mind.

Also putting the track day on hold till I figure it out.

Let me know when you want to go for another drive!

G.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

me and chris have been friends since high school. he has been building motors and wreching on cars from helping his dad build ground up 64-69 camaros and mustang's. then as time went by and he hung around me, he got in to the import perfomance - from doing his first cold air intake to lowering his first car. it took off from there. after lots of turbo superchragers and all motor cars that we had, he always wanted to take it to the next level and turn his hobby in to his career. he has always been there when i needed him and never left me hanging. everything i bought to install on my ride we would do together - which is what made it fun. seeing what you get out of certain parts. now that he has a shop the options are endless.. a big reason for the shop was all the mess we went thorugh when we build up our rides. always high priced stuff, no breaks, no matter how much you buy and customer sevice were never that great either.. so now he is doing it all. since he can from just wrenching as a hobby to make it career. but it was never a hobby to us. it became a life style. everything we did or the people we met or knew had something to do with a car or bike at one point or another. and chris has always been the kind of person not to lie or rig something up. if he does not know he will call or do the research to find out the right answer.. not many people will.. here's a link to his shop site. www.tdcauto.com
hope this helps since you know a little more background now. and i will be doing a nos kit on my S just have alot of other irons in the fire right now..
Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 AM

Hey Gringo!

Glad to hear fatherhood is treating you well (although keeping you busy). If I ever find the time to make it up to Spartanburg with the S, we'll have to call up YFlyer and make another drive.

Let me know if you decide to sell, I might still be interested. Let me know how the nitrous works out for ya.