Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Looking for a tuner for the Turbo S2000

Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a tuner for the Turbo S2000

I recently put a turbo Kit on my car and installed an AEM EMS. I tried playing with the EMS but I don't seem to be having any luck tunning it.

Not really plug and play as they say if your not a tuner.

I want to find a good shop to bring it too, that can tune a AEM EMS to the car.

If you guys have any suggestions let me know.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 PM

I would carry it up to P1 automotive up in Charlotte. I plan on getting a AEM EMS in the future and that is where I am going to go.
http://www.p1auto.com/shop/
Old 05-03-2005, 01:14 PM

If you can afford it I would recommend Sean from Torquefreaks. They are a board sponsor and he does a great job. It has been worth every penny. His tuning has saved my engine. I am about to hit 41k miles since adding the turbo.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

If you wanna go local, i think there's a dyno in conway and a dude in myrtle beach named jeff who works at epic motorsports. Hes never done work on my S, but I've met him and he seems to know his stuff. Give him a shot if you want
Old 05-03-2005, 05:23 PM

I called p1 Automotive and spoke with NicK, they quoted me $125 and hour to tune the EMS. They said it will take about 2hours. There busy this week end so if I have them do it, it will be next week.

Does anyone know of a tuner in Charleston. I heard something about a shop down there that has tuners that have worked for I think it was Titan Motorsports.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

There's a shop called AutometricsMotorsports in charleston, but they mainly deal with Porsches. I've met with them before. Awesome people down there. The son of the owner, Cory Friedman has an Evo thats pretty sick. It was definately shooting flames at Roebling Road during the January lapping day.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO NOT GO TO EPIK

they are well known for blowing up 240s and having parts off cars stolen from their shop that "arent their responsibility".

id recommend P1 and CPrace in charlotte or troque freaks. i probably go with torque even though i dont know them since they have exeperience with turbo s2ks. i know p1 and cp havent as of january since i asked back then. but, p1 is suppose to be a really good aem tuner. last time i talked to jack he was driving, yes driving out to la for an aem class.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:34 AM

I know Jeff at Epic, he's seems like a good guy but I know he's had some problems with some cars he's built in the past as Bridow pointed out.

That why I was looking for a good shop that is really knowledgable when it comes to AEM EMS and S2000.

So far P1automotive Seems like the best fit for me.

Thanks for everyones input.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack has had extensive training on EMS tuning from AEM. I wouldn't go anywhere else. They are good people and both Jack and Owen are both VERY knowledgable. Good luck and maybe let me know when you're going. Maybe I'll stop by and say hi. It's been a while since I've been down there (20 hours overtime weekly is about to kill me). Good luck and be sure to post your results.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:09 AM

To keep every one updated. I made an appointment for WED the 11th of May to tune the car at P1 Automotive. I should be there at 10Am to start. So for you guys that live close too there shop, stop by if you have time.

I'll post some numbers, Pics and what parts and setup I have as soon as I can. Hopefully the car comes out alright. This is my first time changing a naturally aspirated car to Turbo. So far all the hard work that my brother Rich and I have put into the car, has worked out fine.

Quick Reply: Looking for a tuner for the Turbo S2000