Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Idiot Backed Into Me...

Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Idiot Backed Into Me...

Okay, so today hasn't gone by so well at all...

Here's What went on...

It was about 9 a.m this morning... I took my break before lunch to "try" and get some money for Zaxby's. I got to the bank and this truck pulls out of the parking lot ignorant that I'm even pulling in. I slow and let him go ahead. The next thing I know is that the guy is pulling up and backing up constantly. Then he stops pulling up and just backs up. He Continues to back up, and then even further until I see him come too close for comfort. I also couldn't back up because some people were walking behind me within a foot or so watching it head towards my car. AT THIS TIME, I THEN HELD THE HORN and SCREAMED SO I COULD GET HIS ATTENTION! (I beep a lot, Ask jason or anyone else.) THE IDIOT JUST KEPT GOING UNTIL I HEAR... *Clunk*... *SHHHHH*... The sound of his rear bumper plate thing hitting my Driver's side front fender and the front of the door. He finally stopped and I came out the car pissed as hell. I saw a cop go in the bank so I followed him and asked him if he could file a report. He said he couldn't bc his hearing was bad so I ended up waiting 10 mins. for another cop. After the cop arrived i told him what happened as did the other guy. He filed the ""report"" and finally had it ready to go after listening to 30 mins. worth of BS from the guy that hit my car.

Here's What Happened When I Went to State Farm In Hartsville...

I walk in and ask if I can file a claim. The lady says sure if you could please wait a minute and ill be right with you. I sit down and the next thing I know I'm talking to her about this guy that hit my car. She knows the man and he doesn't seem to have a good reputation at all. So I had to fill out all this paperwork and the adjuster is suppose to call me by lunch time Thursday to set up a time for the damage assessment.

Right now, I'm thinking they're going to have to repaint the whole car because I doubt that they're going to be able to blend that in.

I need advice on how to fix this... I'll take pics if needed.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I am sure that the paint can be matched. The better paint shops use a computer and spectrograph. I have seen it in action.
Have a good body shop in mind when the adjuster looks at your car. It is your choice where the car is fixed. You are the owner and that is your right. They will have an approved shop list that if you use one of theirs, they will back up the quality of the work.
Good luck. It won't be so bad.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batguano,Jul 3 2007, 05:22 PM
I am sure that the paint can be matched. The better paint shops use a computer and spectrograph. I have seen it in action.
Have a good body shop in mind when the adjuster looks at your car. It is your choice where the car is fixed. You are the owner and that is your right. They will have an approved shop list that if you use one of theirs, they will back up the quality of the work.
Good luck. It won't be so bad.
thats true...some one back up into MY02 and I couldnt open up the door for about 2 weeks and the ins. company will take their sweet AS* time to reply back to me as well...I did the worst thing anybody could do...is let the ins. company fix your car for you...if I were you right now go to a shop thats been in the auto repair bussiness for awhile now and they well take care of you and your car.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Former Moderator

That really sucks...some people, I tell 'ya! Hope your baby is like new soon...
Old 07-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Former Moderator

BTW, I don't recall ever eating at Zaxby's...what's the best there??
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I need a good body shop around the florence area if anyone has one. *cough* Jason *cough*
I think my babe will be OKAY though. At least I'm going to get my Amuse R1 Painted along with the damage that occured the other day.

[QUOTE]BTW, I don't recall ever eating at Zaxby's...what's the best there??
Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Former Moderator

Yep, thanks...I have 2 places I gotta try and that's Zaxby's and Jack in the Box. Never tried 'em.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 AM

chick fil a FTW
Old 07-05-2007, 08:59 AM

The only order you'll ever need at Zaxby's: "Buffalo chicken finger plate. No slaw. Extra fries."

That's all you need to say. Prepare for goodness.

Sorry about your car, BTW, but I'm sure it'll all work out. A good body shop can do some pretty impressive work.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Blake, what will happen is they will replace and fender and blend the paint back into the door... rear fender at the most. If the bumper or headlight was damaged, it will be replaced also. The door will be reworked... so be very very anal about fitment. I can be a bitch for you if you need me to .

If it is drivable and you still have it in town I would like to take a look at it. Whatever you do, do NOT take your car to Jones Auto. Even if it is one of thier prefered auto repair places.. I about killed everyone in there over the month it took to get my car back. ABW is probably a better bet.