Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Happy Halloween! What did you do?

Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Happy Halloween! What did you do?

I'm currently giving out candy at my house. I'm gearing up to go out for our weekly Flying Saucer fix...but figured it would be cool to see what everyone else is up to...or doing tonight??

I gotta say I'm impressed...considering the last 10 years of home ownership has had me in New Bern, we never had more than a dozen or so kids...and most of them looked to be in questionable costumes...as in...NO costumes, just regular school clothes?

WTF??

Anyway...why am I impressed?? Well, so far...nearly 40 or so kids have come to our door and politely said "TRICK OR TREAT." They have ALL been well costumed...ranging from Batman, Spiderman...even a Wonder Woman...a fairy (don't go there), some kid even had a costume where I asked, "What are you?" and the kid replied, "I don't know."

So...how are you spending your HALLOWEEN???
Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am going to a party tonight, planning to get drunk and um well, hook up with this chick I've been trying to get for a while now....We will see...
Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was goin to hit up the club tonight to see what kinda costumes the chicas are wearin. but i decided not to since i have to be up way to early tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 PM

I avoided the goblins by driving down to the Flying Saucer .
Old 10-31-2007, 08:16 PM

I dressed up as super mario and my wife was the princess on saturday and went to the gravediggers ball downtown.

tonight we went and watched Saw 4. It was pretty good!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM

I handed out candy as well and played Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s2kpwned, let us know how it goes! haha

we had a small halloween party at a buddy of mine's and then handed out candy at my gf's house. and since it is mandatory to always post pictures, here are some from my honda pumpkin incase you missed it in the gallery section (and since it's halloween related), and from the party!

beware of the big knife!

our pumpkins we both made

Uh oh got some s2k's at the gathering

i look creepy here at the party lol

and my maid hahaha

Old 11-01-2007, 08:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had dinner at Cabo Fish Taco, then a glass of wine at Dolce Vita next door. Interesting thing about Charlotte's NoDa area; it's hard to tell who was in costume and who was just wearing their "regular" look.

Then stopped by the Pumpkin Wall (pictured in the paper today) in our old neighborhood (Elizabeth) to enjoy the pumpkins, toast the 1-20-09 date in lights and give candy to the munchkins.

Finally, returned home to guard the Big Deck and the rest of the house from the goblins. Fun night!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

We didn't have kids stop by our first year here (but bought candy just in case). Last night, we had 2 kids stop by via parental drive/drops. Lil' 5 year old boy in a nifty Darth Vader outfit...and I'd say a 12 year old girl in a witch's costume. It was funny...cuz our doorbell rang. And we *never* get guests, so Taska came shooting out of the bedroom when the doorbell rang, going, "WTH is that?!?!!!" Thankfully, I had candy again this year .

Interesting that Andy's girl has changed tops in the process of cleaning out the pumpkins . NIIIIIICE carvings. Definitely appreciate the "H" emblem

- Dave
Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i think she realized how messy the pumpking cleaning was going to be

Quick Reply: Happy Halloween! What did you do?