Carolinas A Better Place to Be

FS: 2001 Silverstone/Black - 79K miles - $7500 OBO

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2001 Silverstone/Black - 79K miles - $7500 OBO

(this post was copied and pasted from a Nissan forum I am a member of, so I apologize if some of the things posted are common sense to the folks on this forum. Gotta "dumb it down" for the Nissan guys ya know. )

2001 Honda S2000 in Silverstone Metallic with all-black interior. 78,500 miles, one owner. Car is in good mechanical condition and needs a little love on the interior and body (photos below). Car is pretty dirty in photos and would look a LOT better with a wash. Owner was not aware I would be taking photos of car today. Selling for a friend. Car belongs to his 60 year old mother who is tired of climbing in and out of the car. Would make a great project/track car. Absolutely BONE STOCK, never been modified or driven hard. Car is located in North Raleigh.

THE GOOD:
AP1 model - features 9,000 RPM Redline
Top in good condition, no tears or rips in fabric (see below for rear window)
Engine, Trans has no leaks, issues, problems

THE BAD:
Cosmetic work needed on front and rear bumpers (scuffed through the paint in spots)
Rear plastic window cracked today when owner lowered top to show car (very common on older models - replacement top w/ glass window - $800)
Carpet on driver side floorboard has been worn through to the metal (there is a floormat that covers this)
Pull handle on driver door has come off of door panel
Smoker's car

I was interested in this car at first for myself as a project/track car, but I would rather put the investment into a hardtop for my car and a new TV for the house. Plus I don't need to throw all my money into not 1 but 2 silver S2000s. (My girlfriend will leave me). This car would make for an excellent starter car, project car or even just an excellent track car platform. I'd give anything to have the money to throw a turbo kit on it and trailer it up to VIR on the weekends. I'm posting this up to help a friend out in some rough times. The car badly needs to be sold.

Looking to get $7500 OBO. Photos below. If interested, contact Aaron at (919) 349-3157. Please tell him J sent you.

J
Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My personal note...I'll never understand why people post pictures of neglect and damn near abuse before they sell their vehicle. Just cleaning the car would make for a GREAT start.

My personal feelings...someone who doesn't take the time to clean their car also neglects essential maintenance like oil changes, diff fluid and tranny fluid changes...etc. Bleh.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe worth 6000$, no way 9g's. this person is on crack!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 PM

I wouldn't bother with that as I agree with the statements of Airgate. That's going to take a good bit of money to get it back into a presentable state.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM

Guys give the guy a break the s2k has 79k miles with minor blemishes on exterior which would cost 400-800 to fix depending on how well you wanted it done. Then 300 for the rear window, rip carpet out of an junkyard S, wash and wax, detail interior, buy a used door panel....ok the list is longer then I thought but still 9k is his ASKING price if he get 8k or 7.5k then its a good deal on an S
BTW def agree with raul about cleaning your car before selling, just giving that car 3 hours of your time washing and waxing, cleaning the interior can give you a g or 2 extra
Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 AM

In his defense, he had no clue that I was going to take photos of his car that day. I was interested in the car at first, but didnt realize it was going to take some work to get it back into shape. The car belongs to his mom, who like it says in the ad is 60 years old. She recently lost her husband and has fallen on some hard times. She needs to sell the car badly, so make the guy an offer and see what happens... thats why is says $7500 OBO.

Yes, it needs some work. No one is hiding that at all.

What bothers me is why people will go into a sale thread and trash something. What if I went into every FS thread with my negative two cents.

"Wow, those wheels suck." "My exhaust is better than this one." "I wouldn't buy that brand suspension."

There's no need for it. We all know the car is in rough shape. We can see that. But this is a family on rough times that I am doing a favor and trying to help them sell the car to help them out. If you think the car is worth $6000, call the guy up with a $6000 offer, but don't just trash the thread, that doesnt help anyone.

J
Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 AM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Think the guy would take a trade for a 300zx and some cash?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 AM

Price dropped today to $7500... if interested, contact Aaron at (919) 349-3157

J
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be interested in this. i'll get back to you or call about it. if they will take 6k, i'll take it if i can get the $.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 Silverstone/Black - 79K miles - $7500 OBO