Carolinas A Better Place to Be

FI S2000's around Raleigh?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI S2000's around Raleigh?

I have been looking into buying a forced induction kit for the S2000. I'm primarily looking at the Greddy turbo kit, and the CT / SOS supercharger kits.

I was just curious if anyone in the Raleigh / Wake Forest area has one of these kits. I haven't drove or ridden in a S2000 with FI, so I'm not sure if it's something I would end up liking.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

-Matt
Old 02-10-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have a CTSC, and then went with a different CTSC, then a hybrid between CT and SOS...now I have the Full Race Turbo. There are many differences between the sc and turbo setups, so depending on what your hp goals are and how you drive the car would be the best way to make your decision. I will tell you that you need to set a goal, then a budget. If your budget won't meet your goal, then you need to make decisions. Most people just look at the kit price and think they are only going to spend $X, when if fact, you can almost double the kit price with the other things you are going to want/need. Tune, gauges, install, fuel pump, injectors, plugs, exhaust, etc...

Hope that helps!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

Currently there is only 1 FI S that comes out to the Cars & Coffee in Cary on a regular basis.

Sometime in the future I will be installing my SOS. If you make it out to the Beer 30 or the next Cars & Coffee then you can talk with the folks there on options and maybe get a ride.

If I am around I would happily chat with you about options and the reason why I decided to go the way that I did.

starrman is RIGHT 100%.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing to remember when choosing a boosted setup, a greddy kit will get you to 300-320 pretty easilly, a novi1200 supercharger kit will get you 350-375, over 400 you really need a good turbo setup. You can do with a supercharger, but you run into quite a few issues at higher boost levels.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

greddy turbo these days is a waste of time
Old 02-10-2014, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

One of the primary reasons I was looking at the Greddy kit is that I need something street legal. Any other turbo kit will require a standalone ecu (AEM / Haltech). The only reason I would pick up the the Greddy kit as opposed to one of the supercharger kits is for the torque delivery.

I'm not interested in a high horsepower setup anyways. Something around 300 whp sounds about right. After doing some additional reading, the CT kit now uses the 1220SL, which appears to have reliability issues.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want to keep it fully legal the only real option is Kpro, the emanage will work ok, but you loose a bit of drivability, etc.

I wouldnt run a ct kit, the SOS kit or the vortech kit is a much better design.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wadzii
If you want to keep it fully legal the only real option is Kpro, the emanage will work ok, but you loose a bit of drivability, etc.

I wouldnt run a ct kit, the SOS kit or the vortech kit is a much better design.
Vortech d/c'ed the kit last yr, so it would have to be used.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

dont just think numbers.. What kit you buy will greatly affect how the car drives as well.

The Greddy kit will make great TQ, at the expense of running out of steam above 6k rpms. That means that famous s2k punch from 6-9 will be gone, replaced with low end tq. COMPLETELY changes the character of the car.

The votec/CT/SOS/Kraferwerks superchargers will behave like an s2000 with super vtec. The powerband is peaky justy like a stock s2000. So it retains the character of the S2000 quite well.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM

I have a custom novi 1200 set up, bast to drive super reliable. I spent some dough to get where I'm at. You can message me with questions. I will be able to make the April C&C maybe the march. I haven't been up there in a while. I did all the work in my garage, so if you have any questions about any of the sc kits feel free to ask. And the novi 1220 sl (self lubricating) is a bad design. The oil fed ones are great

Quick Reply: FI S2000's around Raleigh?