Carolinas A Better Place to Be

False Insurance Claim

Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default False Insurance Claim

I have an issue. Recently I was shopping around for a better ins. quote for my S, and one ins. agent mumbled I had a $16,500 claim on my record in 2007! What the heck!

I called my then-current insurance company, they have no record of any claim, and referred me to some Lexus-Nexus place, which is supposedly the one that maintains the claims history. They need me to order a free report before they talk to me, as the report will have a reference # on it.

Well, the report was nothing more than my driving record (clean).

So how do I find out where this claim is coming from? My current ins. agent confirms the claim in claim history, but doesn't know where it's coming from.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and call your ins. agent to make sure you don't have B.S. like that on your claims record, b/c is might be affecting your rate!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

I would call the insurance commissioners office and tell them what you were told by this agent. One of two things may be in the mix.
1-Their company has bad records or may be using that as an excuse to rate you high.
2-It could be a misquote by the underwriters.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:24 PM

I'm leaning toward choice 1, as 2 independent ins. agents told me about this claim. There was no accident, no damage, vandalism, fire, nothing! My driving record is clean, they're the ones who pulled it up, and yet I have a claim on the record.

And the sad part is, I never did see the money, and don't know what to do and who to contact!

Internet searches come with nothing but offers to order driving record and such.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Best of luck. Keep us posted.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well they better pay out then! Hahah j/k
Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM

Ordered my claims history report (free) from Nexus lexus or whatever they call it. Received my driving record. Called them. They said wait for more reports (claims history report, some credit history report). Then call. So I gotta wait now.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I still say you call them and ask for your $16500 you never received.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,Nov 13 2009, 01:31 PM
I still say you call them and ask for your $16500 you never received.
This. Then order a Kraftwerks Hi-Boost kit.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Well, I'm turbo now. Just in the middle of changing the clutch. Stock one was barely holding up. The plan is to get a retune with a bit _moar_ boost, maybe 12 or 14psi. I know stock clutch won't hold up. Also, I'll put the new oiljet bolts in, and AP2 valve keepers and retainers, just for peace of mind.

Update. Went to my insurance company, the one I was gonna leave. Just went in to sign policy cancellation form. Well, long story short, I got a printout of the CLUE report on me. Turns out, the claim is associated to the car, not me. Somehow, whenever they punch in the VIN of the car, that will come up, even though I had nothing to do with it. So I was all ticked off in the ins. office, saying stuff like "why should I be considered a higher liability with a lower insurance score, because of someone's accident or claim".

In the end I walked out with a $400/year reduction in my insurance policy premium!!! This is totally unbelievable!!! And that's without changing the coverage at all. Now that got the fair price for my insurance, I can live with that claim on my record.

Lesson for everyone: have your agent check all available claims histories out there, there are like 2, maybe 3 out there that different underwriters use. It's a heck of a lot of money for me, I mean $400 less per year, that's how much I was being ripped off by!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:49 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

wow congratulations!

Glad it worked out for you.

Quick Reply: False Insurance Claim