Carolinas A Better Place to Be

The Dragon will be awakened the weekend of April 19th!

Old 04-09-2002, 03:36 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Dragon will be awakened the weekend of April 19th!

The DragonBall Run (originally scheduled event for April 19th - 21st) was postponed due to news from the Tennessee DOT that the Dragon (Highway 129) would be repaved during this time. Lots of time, energy and money pours into an event of this magnitude and Mack and I didn't even want to think about having the run during a repaving mission! So, we decided it would be best that we postpone the run until September (which is when we had our original DragonBall Run 2001).

Now, with it all said and done, the Tennessee DOT has decided to hold off their repaving of the Dragon until this Summer! So now we can join in once more but it will not be an organized event. In fact, it's not an event!

I plan on going to the Dragon so that Mack and I can discuss the planning of the DragonBall Run 2002 in September. At this time we will more than likely recruit some volunteers to help with the planning!

So, basically. . .I just wanted to let everyone here know that we will have a get together at the Dragon on the 19th -21st! I'm especially excited to be there as the Audi TT's, Miata's and MR2 Spyders will be lurking about! I can finally give the ultimate smack down! (Kidding)

So, once again, you are invited to attend if you'd like! MyBad will be joining in as well as it proves to be a spectacular roadway! As they say on the internet site (www.tailofthedragon.com), once you've ridden the Dragon, you'll never forget it! Is that not the truth!

11 miles and 318 curves. . .WOO HOO. . .I can't begin to think what would be better on a weekend!