Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Dirty S

Old 01-29-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty S

Well, with snow tires, a beautiful 60 deg day in January, and a section of the Parkway open, the girlfriend and I went for a top down drive. Rather than take Town Mountain back into Asheville, we took "the alternate route"...and here's how the car ended up:

She's gonna get a good bath tomorrow morning. Until then, I sort of like the rugged look. I went to the grocery store tonight and got to park next to a muddy Toyota Pickup truck. I'm sure I'm the only one that found it amusing!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job mate.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 PM

I think it needs a bath lol
Old 01-29-2011, 06:47 PM

bahaha.. instant classic
Old 01-31-2011, 04:38 AM

dune buggy look! wash her good. how was the parkway?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

holy shit that's a lot of mud, what's 7k rpms like in a bog?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 AM

Lol, nice, i was hoping someone had completely it coated with mud... i actually heard theres a couple of European guys rallying a S2K... something along those lines
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET,Jan 31 2011, 05:38 AM
dune buggy look! wash her good. how was the parkway?
The Parkway was busy...lot's of people out. Saw a few guys on touring and enduro bikes with panniers, looking like they were having a lot of fun too. We went North from Town Mountain Road but it was closed off after the first overlook. We turned around and as I turned on to Town Mountain, the girlfriend says "were does that go?"...pointing to the dirt/mud road. The car need a wash anyway, so I said, "hell, let's find out". I was actually quite reserved in the mud, and only squeezed the throttle in a couple tight turns. I had no idea the car was getting that filthy. It wasn't until I got home and got out of the car that I saw the carnage. But now she's all nice and clean. I cleaned and treated the top, installed my Modifry DCI, and replaced the elastic straps on the top, polished up the headlights...just can't wait to get that summer rubber back on there.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 AM

Thats the way to do it
Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bikesontop,Jan 31 2011, 10:28 AM
The Parkway was busy...lot's of people out. Saw a few guys on touring and enduro bikes with panniers, looking like they were having a lot of fun too. We went North from Town Mountain Road but it was closed off after the first overlook. We turned around and as I turned on to Town Mountain, the girlfriend says "were does that go?"...pointing to the dirt/mud road. The car need a wash anyway, so I said, "hell, let's find out". I was actually quite reserved in the mud, and only squeezed the throttle in a couple tight turns. I had no idea the car was getting that filthy. It wasn't until I got home and got out of the car that I saw the carnage. But now she's all nice and clean. I cleaned and treated the top, installed my Modifry DCI, and replaced the elastic straps on the top, polished up the headlights...just can't wait to get that summer rubber back on there.

Quick Reply: Dirty S