Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte "Cars and Coffee" @ the Lake March 7

Charlotte Cars and Coffee at the Lake - Feb 7th

Exotics/Sports Cars/Classics

1st Saturday of every month
March 7th 2009

Panera Bread Company

North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)

6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013

8 am- until
Weather Permitting
See you there!

Hello All,

I am looking forward to another awesome turn out on Saturday March 7th. We had great weather and ~180+ cars in February, we hope there continues to be a strong turnout in March. Check out the updated pictures on www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com . We want to continue to have a great outlet to share our passion and knowledge about cars so keep it growing!

Sorry that this has taken me some time to post, but I needed to iron out a few details and alternations due to some concerns brought to me by mall management and the North Division of the Charlotte Police Dept.

As this event continues to grow and in order to keep it safe, fun and in tact we need to make sure of a few things:

I would like to push up the start time to 8 AM so that we can avoid the hot part of the day as we get into the summer months. It will also allow us to take advantage of the empty adjacent lots if we need them before the patrons and employees of the restaurants start rolling in around 11 AM.

We are now on the radar screen of the Mecklenburg Police Dept's North Division, which is not a problem because we are on mall property which we have permission to be on, but on the access roads leading to the property and the main highway they will be patrolling 'helping' us adhere to the speed limits. So be cautious and slow down a bit. Also as a mature crowd continue not to peel out, race through the parking lots or ignore common safety.

In order to stay within the good graces of the mall management company please be kind and dispose of your trash in the trash cans around the property. We are doing a great job so far, so keep it up! I spoke with them and they are willing to add additional receptacles as needed.

Also we need to avoid parking in the spaces directly behind Kinkos and the Mattress Company. They were a bit concerned because it interferred with their customers ability to load goods. (not a big deal but we want to keep everyone happy)

Continue to support Panera and Starbucks, the management of both has gone out of their way to lobby mall management to keep this event going and prospering. They both promised to increase staffing too so that we are waiting in line less and they will have plenty of food and coffee on tap ready to go so that we can return to the parking lot to check out the cars.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you again and please pass the word to friends, neighbors and co-workers that want to bring out their rides from a long winters nap!

See you soon,

Michael
Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 AM

I will be there from 8-10 See you guys there!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 AM

Rex and friend will be there. (S2K and 135i)
Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 AM

8:00am!! That makes it tough for guys not around Charlotte. How about you not start it so early until it actually gets hot. That will be 3 more months. I'll try to make it, but 8:00 ain't gonna happen! I like the 9-9:30 start time in Raleigh (it is about the same distance away).

The problem you will have making it at 8:00 this early in the year is people like me will start driving in the dark and it will be cold during the whole event. Push it back and let it get a little warmer.

I'm done bitchin'!!

Later guys!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by RichV,Feb 26 2009, 06:17 AM
8:00am!! That makes it tough for guys not around Charlotte. How about you not start it so early until it actually gets hot. That will be 3 more months. I'll try to make it, but 8:00 ain't gonna happen! I like the 9-9:30 start time in Raleigh (it is about the same distance away).

The problem you will have making it at 8:00 this early in the year is people like me will start driving in the dark and it will be cold during the whole event. Push it back and let it get a little warmer.

I'm done bitchin'!!

Later guys!
I understand about the early start time. Part of it was the summer heat but the majority of it was due to Mall management. Want to keep the peace and keep it at this location.

If you can't come at 8 don't worry because that is the beauty of the event. You are suppose to come and go as you please. It adds an extra hour for those early birds. I am thinking that a majority of people will still start at 9 am.

I know the Raleigh event starts later but we would love to have you.

See you next Saturday

Michael
Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 AM

^Cool, I thought you were pushing everything up an hour. If most people get there around nine, I'm there...
Old 02-27-2009, 04:56 AM

Seemed to me that most people got there around 9:30 or later
Old 02-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on rich, if i can be there by 8 or 9, you can do it. you can do it! anyone from the g'ville gang, where we going to meet to leave? chris? scott?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Anyone else going to this??
Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM

i missed it last month..so imma try not to get wasted friday and make it to this event =]

Quick Reply: Charlotte "Cars and Coffee" @ the Lake March 7