Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Charlotte

Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte

So this weekend i went to the ballantyne area to visit my sister. Beautiful place, was actually thinking after this weekend to see if i could find a job down there and move. But what is up with the drivers down there. I mean i thought the DC area was bad. But in the 2 days i was down there i have never seen so many bad/reckless drivers. People going way to slow in all lanes, people riding other cars a$$es (i mean within 1-2 feet of the bumper in from going on 485??), and people yelling and flicking you off from there car. I mean is this the norm for that area or did i just a bad taste.....
Old 11-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary for Charlotte area drivers. Most are courteous. The only thing I have really noticed is that folks feel as if they "OWN" their lane...so they'll defend it by speeding up/slowing down...whatever...

I drive a good 2k miles a month for work and notice a wide range of drivers. Some days, it really tests my patience. In the end, it's not worth any trouble...I just slow down and deal with it.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, the majority drivers down here really get on my nerves. I have never seen so many people just driving in the passing lane and make you pass them on the right. Hardly anyone knows how to use a turn signal. People don't know how to use an on-ramp.

BTW, my 15 year old nephew is taking drivers' ed and I can't believe the instructor teaches them when they are driving down the interstate, drive in the left lane and if someone wants to pass you, move to the right.

It used to frustrate me but I keep trying to remember that it won't do me any good getting upset so I just try to not let oblivious drivers get to me.

Rant over.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea there was a couple time that i was really scared. and i guess my sister fits right in as i was pumping the invisible brake pedal on the passanger side when she would drive Airgate did you every have an Element? Just wanted your opinion on it... i think i'm going to look at those, crv, and jeep compass/cherokees as i just found out today that my Daily driver is totalled
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadunk,Nov 17 2008, 06:17 PM
Airgate did you every have an Element? Just wanted your opinion on it... i think i'm going to look at those, crv, and jeep compass/cherokees as i just found out today that my Daily driver is totalled
Indeed I did. Everyone here is probably past the point of hearing me go on (and on...and on) about my ELEMENT.

My ELEMENT was a 2WD, EX model. I averaged 26 mpg. Bought it in May of 2005...paid $19k~ loaded with fogs, roof rack, etc... Put 75k~ care free miles...sold it in November of 2007 for $13k~

My ELEMENT was absolutely F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!

I considered selling my Passat for another ELEMENT...but I think I'm past my ELEMENT days. Still, it's a great little truck, you'll love it.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy drivers are not limited to nc, there are alot of them in sc too. it doesn't matter who you are, most people who get behind the wheel of a auto turn into nuts. it's a controll thing- i own the road mentality. insurance agents love us!