Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Car Audio in NC? Recomendations?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Audio in NC? Recomendations?

Alright so im looking to upgrade the sound system in my car. Nothing crazy just want it to sound decent and have aux/bluetooth capabilities. I pretty much know jack shit about car audio, usually am content with stock systems but in the s2000's case the stock system is horrible.

At least want to do door speakers and head unit, maybe more. Any honest car audio places in NC, specifically Triad area? Somewhere that can do the job correctly, not cut corners, and not rip me off? Id also be willing to pay a knowledgeable member a fair price to install who can help me figure out what I need to buy.

thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also looking for a good shop around the Jacksonville area. The 9 hour drive home to NJ sucks with the current setup.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by danger dan
Alright so im looking to upgrade the sound system in my car. Nothing crazy just want it to sound decent and have aux/bluetooth capabilities. I pretty much know jack shit about car audio, usually am content with stock systems but in the s2000's case the stock system is horrible.

At least want to do door speakers and head unit, maybe more. Any honest car audio places in NC, specifically Triad area? Somewhere that can do the job correctly, not cut corners, and not rip me off? Id also be willing to pay a knowledgeable member a fair price to install who can help me figure out what I need to buy.

thanks
Shoot me a PM. I don't have a garage just yet to work in but I can get you in touch with my old stereo shop in Connecticut that I worked at for well..........10 years plus. If you are just doing a head unit and door speakers I can definitely help ya. They could box/ship what you need and I can put it in.

If you want to keep your dash controls too I can help with that too. Just need to get the wiring schematics again.........haven't done them in probably 8 years now! I was the first person in the world to get the dash controls to work in the S2000 still have the original unit in my car working!

Will have to look over and make sure I have all the correct tools I think I lost a crimp tool over the years! Though I can just have the shop order/ship what I need with your package of stuff if you go with me.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 PM

I see you are in Greensboro. I just had Dedona Tint and Sound do a full system in my car (located on Market Street, near Guilford College Road). The owner used to have an S2k.

Deiger
Old 11-15-2013, 04:45 PM

Brian did the work on my car. It is on their Facebook page.

Bruce is the owner and will do right by you. Tell him I said Hi!

Deiger
Old 11-16-2013, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have an amp for the door speakers, and an amp for the subwoofer. Aftermarket headunit and component speakers. Very easy on the s2000. PM for any questions
Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 AM

I have a relatively simple setup with a 400W amp powering component speakers (front channels) and a trunk sub (rear channels, bridged). Installation is pretty easy. If you decide to do it yourself, you can some some money and knock it out in a day. I'd also recommend applying Dynamat to your trunk and doors to eliminate vibration/harshness.

There's only a few aspects that can be annoying:
- Running/routing wire, especially through the stock door wiring harnesses
- Cutting the backs out of the stock speaker mounts, if you repurpose them
- Dealing with the sticky Dynamat backing

Happy to answer questions if you have any!