Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Can Anyone Recommend a Driving School?

Old 11-07-2001 | 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also be VERY interested in attending a school. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time! Road Atlanta would be great or maybe down the street at Roebling Road
Old 11-07-2001 | 06:51 AM

I'm one of the instructors at the Panoz Racing School. If you are wanting to go to a driving school, Road Atlanta/Panoz Racing School offers several options.

If you want to learn more about driving YOUR car at speed, on a track, Road Atlanta offers "Tracks Days" (the next is coming up either this weekend or next weekend). You drive your own car on the track. If you would like personal instruction from an instructor, you can bring your own, or you can hire one of us to help you. Contact PRS about hiring one of their instructors. I also recommend finding out about BMWCCA schools at Road Atlanta, as they often have driving schools there, using their own instructors.

If you want to learn more about driving a high performance car (not yours) at speed on a track, the Porsche Driving Experience is an excellent choice. There are one and two day programs, and both get you on the track. The two day program obviously gives you more track time. Both are excellent choices. You get a lot of feedback from the instructors (all cars are wired with radios so we can talk to you at any time while you are driving), and the instructors are some of the greatest Porsche racers in the world. Check Porschedriving.com for more info.

If you want to go racing, then the Panoz Racing School's 3 Day Road Racing school is the one to go with. You get a LOT of seat time on the track, in Panoz race cars, and you receive your SCCA Regional license upon graduation.

All are good choices in the Southeast. And if you don't mind the travel, we also offer all three of these programs at Sebring as well. Both tracks are fantastic.

Enjoy

Lee
Old 11-07-2001 | 07:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBoggs
[B]didnt vir
Old 11-27-2001 | 06:08 AM

Thanks Guys!

I'll do some research and post what I learn.

Maybe in the spring we can get a group together for a two or three day session. I'll start a thread on that in the near future.