Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Best Paint & Body Shop around Raleigh?

Old 02-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Paint & Body Shop around Raleigh?

Long story short, a guy backed into my car. New drivers taillight, aligning the drivers rear panel to trunk, and painting/blending the panel/bumper/trunk area back together. 2002 Suzuka Blue. Mainly worried about the color matching, best place to take it? Cost is not a problem.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I know a few s2k owners around here, including myself, who use Apex Autobody. Great work and fair pricing.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:16 AM

+1 for Apex Autobody. I also have a Suzuka and they did a spectacular job matching/blending the paint when I had front end work done.

Are you near the Crossroads area by chance? I always see a clean Suzuka AP1 parked at my friend's apartment complex.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:42 AM

Apex Autobody is the best. I got sideswiped in my S a few months back, and took damage to the drivers side front fender, bumper, wheel and suspension. I brought the car to them based on recommendations from this community, and it was a great call. They worked with the other driver's insurance company to make sure I got all OEM parts, and their paint job was fantastic. They also came in under budget, so there was actually money left over from the insurance payout.

Answering the OP in particular, they painted the bumper and fender and blended it with the hood (in Silverstone) and it looks like nothing happened. I suspect they have a good amount of experience with S2000s because a lot of us use them, so I'm sure it helps that they know the model and colors really well.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Back in the day ('96), a friend of mine worked for Kenny Hawkins Automotive. At that time, they were considered to be the best body shop in the triangle and had exclusive agreements with all the exotic dealerships.

They still get 4+ reviews online. I'm curious if anyone has had recent experience with them.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:20 AM

Well someone rear ended me today and all the quotes I've gotten to simply respray my bumper were 600-750. I'll see if apex autobody does any better, or perhaps Kenny Hawkins.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2016, 07:16 AM

Same thing happened to me and I got my bumper repaired and resprayed for $500 from Apex AB.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Someone backed into me last night while the car was parked in a parking lot.

I took the car over to Apex Autobody to have them quote it. Just to repaint the bumper and fender (no repair or dents to fix. The bumper isn't cracked, no alignment issues for the body. The wheel wasn't touched so no issue on the alignment of the car.) The quote was $900 which seems fairly high.

While I had the car there, I asked about patching the holes from the front plate bracket in the front bumper, and repainting it (there is a nasty scratch in it too.) He quoted me $750. Which seems REALLY REALLY high to me.

Are we talking about this shop
        Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 AM

Yep, same shop. You get what you pay for. How much is having a damn near perfect OE paint job worth to you?
        Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
        I got my bumper repaired and resprayed for $500 from Apex AB.

Originally Posted by ruexp67
        While I had the car there, I asked about patching the holes from the front plate bracket in the front bumper, and repainting it (there is a nasty scratch in it too.) He quoted me $750.
        That doesn't really SEEM like getting what I pay for. It sounds like I am being quoted 50% more than you were. Maybe he saw the badge and thought I was rich. I'm not.

Quick Reply: Best Paint & Body Shop around Raleigh?