Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Arghhhh- Need Suggestions

Old 05-23-2003, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arghhhh- Need Suggestions

Ok, so the other day i finally convinced my father to let me get a motorcycle. And i also talked him into letting me get my S...So i figured he wouldn't have a problem convincing my mom, well it was tough to do but he finally got her to give me the go ahead. So today I'm sitting at home minding my own business, my mom comes storming in "Was that you that passed me going well over the speed limit on the highway" I was like mom i just got home from work i wasnt even on the highway.

To say the least she doesnt believe me, now she wont let me get the bike and there is nothing i can do about it, ive tried to tell her it wasnt me but she wont listen....She thinks that if i cannot control myself wtih my car how am i going to on a bike? One of you whores got me in trouble

Any suggestions on what to say to her?
Old 05-23-2003, 07:04 PM

I can't help you there. We had a motorcycle at home growing up and there was nothing we could do or say to make mom hate it less.

When we sold it she was the happiest she'd been for a while...

The only reason she let us have it was because it was my dad who bought it and gave it to us when he lost interest. So we did not have to convince her to let us get it.. just to let us keep it.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel your pain. But persistence can be the mother of success in cases such as this. My father always told me that there would be two things in this world that he would never help me with...1) Purchasing a motorcycle, and 2) Purchasing a gun. His view was, he could not live with himself if his decision/action assisted in my death. I can appreciate that...especially as I've gotten older over the years (38 this October).

Screw the gun... My dad had always been an avid motorcyclist. And I'd ridden motocross in my youth. So when he'd had an "abandoned" '82 Honda Goldwing GL1100 in his garage (for nearly 7 years it sat ) I pestered the livin' hell out of him to give it to me. Finally, the breaking point for him was when I used the settled dust on the bike to my advantage and wet my fingertip and wrote "PLEASE GIVE ME TO YOUR SON!!!" on the fairing windshield. That was the ticket . Then there was tons of work on my part to restore the bike. Got involved with a great club of Goldwingers (although I was the youngster...even at my age it would seem!) as they were typically retired or 10-15 years my senior. But still good peeps. Couldn't be me if I hadn't "modded" the bike.

Kept it for ~ 3 years... Personally, I consider myself lucky given the high miles I'd put on the bike in those same years. Never laid down...never in an accident with it. When I purchased The Bruised Banana, I found that I had two fun-in-the-sun toys...but only one ME! So something had to go. Given my view that my S2K basically handles like a 4-wheel bike (and is a LOT safer), I counted myself fortunate for the time and love I'd put into the Goldwing. Sold it to a fellow who shared my love for the bike (which was a great feeling given that my fear was that I might accidentally sell it to someone that would part the bike out)...

Here are a couple pics...and why the call me "w1ngman" ...

Best of luck to you Mr. Wizard...

- Dave
Old 05-24-2003, 02:13 AM

Trust me, I'm not trying to be ugly about it...........MOVE OUT! Then what can they say? Then you can fun like this!

www.sportbikeworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4961

Carolina Motorsports, Kershaw, SC Track Day
Old 05-24-2003, 02:27 AM

And this!

CRF450 MX
Old 05-24-2003, 02:28 AM

Sorry
Old 05-25-2003, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you think you have it rought? HAH

my grandfather used to own a ducati/triumph dealership and i wasnt allowed to ride on one, let own drive one