Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Anybody local have any experience with touch-up paint?

Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody local have any experience with touch-up paint?

Hey guys,

So I have been looking at lots of S2000 pictures lately, and the more I look, the more it frustrates me that my car has a number of strangely-placed paint scratches/small chips from the previous owner. I was considering having them repaired professionally because I don't have much experience with paint, but from what I am reading online, it seems like touch-up paint isn't too hard to do yourself. I have 8oz of Silverstone touch-up paint that the PO included with the car when I bought it... Anybody local have experience with this kind of thing?

By the way, if anybody has a trailer hitch for the S that they would consider selling, let me know. I'm picking up an 18' catamaran next weekend, and I'll need a way to tow it about 100 yards from where I'm going to keep it to the boat ramp.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by phaeton
Hey guys,

So I have been looking at lots of S2000 pictures lately, and the more I look, the more it frustrates me that my car has a number of strangely-placed paint scratches/small chips from the previous owner. I was considering having them repaired professionally because I don't have much experience with paint, but from what I am reading online, it seems like touch-up paint isn't too hard to do yourself. I have 8oz of Silverstone touch-up paint that the PO included with the car when I bought it... Anybody local have experience with this kind of thing?

By the way, if anybody has a trailer hitch for the S that they would consider selling, let me know. I'm picking up an 18' catamaran next weekend, and I'll need a way to tow it about 100 yards from where I'm going to keep it to the boat ramp.
It's actually not too bad once you get the hang of it. What I did was used a toothpick and dipped it into the paint until just the tip was covered (but not too much paint, just a little will do). After that just place the end of the toothpick into the spot where you want to fill, and it should fill the spot by itself without leaving too much paint. I've done this a few times on my front bumper and I've been very happy with the results thus far.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:30 PM

Backside of a paper match. You'll see.