Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Any UK Exhaust Mods near Raleigh?

Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any UK Exhaust Mods near Raleigh?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone in the area has done the UK Exhaust Mod mentioned here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/944056-exhaust-mod/

If so, I'd love to pick your brain about it and possibly even come listen to it.

For those who haven't seen the mod, you basically weld some pipe connecting the pipe entering the stock muffler to the loop on the back of the muffler cans. This allows some of the exhaust to bypass a large portion of the muffler piping. Therefore, depending on the size of the pipe you weld in you will have an X % mufferless exhaust.

From the videos I've seen it sounds good, but it's hard to tell from videos what it really sounds like.

Also, even if no one has done it, does anyone have experience with a good muffler shop around here?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine done and used 2 inch O.D. tubing, it sounds deep no rasp and no drone. Just get it done, you won't regret it.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

2" is big Must be loud, but nice I bet.

My biggest fear is that I bought my car with the resonator already cut out and I've only found one video with the uk exhaust mod and resonator delete and it was maybe a little too raspy. I guess worst case oem exhausts are cheap and I can just find another.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 AM

Pick up a spare stock exhaust for $50-100 and you can do cutoff/downturn and UK mod on the back half.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 PM

Not loud at all, sounds sorta like a 350Z/G35.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM

I've researched this pretty extensively and it seems like you can't go wrong for the price. In the end though, I came across a great deal on a Comptech dual and went with that.

If you do want to try it out on another exhaust, I have my stock one lying around if you're interested in it.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ofsalesmen
I've researched this pretty extensively and it seems like you can't go wrong for the price. In the end though, I came across a great deal on a Comptech dual and went with that.

If you do want to try it out on another exhaust, I have my stock one lying around if you're interested in it.
Thanks for the advice and offer for your exhaust. I figure if I do decide to go through with it I'll use my exhaust and then if I want to go back to stock I'll look for someone's OEM exhaust. Now just to find the time to get a shop to do it....and decide on what size pipe to go with.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by humbucker87
Originally Posted by ofsalesmen' timestamp='1360956381' post='22340241

Thanks for the advice and offer for your exhaust. I figure if I do decide to go through with it I'll use my exhaust and then if I want to go back to stock I'll look for someone's OEM exhaust. Now just to find the time to get a shop to do it....and decide on what size pipe to go with.

you can also do an exhaust cutout.... with the flip of a dial you can go from stock to open headers or anywhere inbetween.... pretty nice. They're super simple to install as well, I've done a few myself.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 AM

Does anybody have this mod in the Raleigh area? Any recommended shops?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM

I've got the UK mod & 70mm test pipe. Sounds amazing, no drove whatsoever. Henry's Muffler did it for a 100 bucks.

I'll be at Cars & Coffee June 1st, or PM me if you'd like to check it out.

Quick Reply: Any UK Exhaust Mods near Raleigh?