Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Any Honda service guys around?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Honda service guys around?

My wife has a 2003 Honda CR-V that she uses to deliver the mail in daily and I need to know if there's anyone semi local to me that would not mind working on it for me either @ a Honda service dept. or a local garage/shop, doesn't matter to me? The Honda place around here does not have that good of a satisfactory rating with me and I need someone who is dependable and knowledgeable and decently priced please as $$$ is tight, but I need some things fixed/repaired/maintained on this car as it's also her DD too...

Any responses or help is greatly appreciated
Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Brandon -

Is Mebane too far? There is a really good independent who does nothing but Hondas...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

The only thing that has proven to be a problem on the 03 CRV's are the AC compressors which like to impersonate hand grenades.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:23 PM

Mebane may be a touch too far to drive out these days I'm afraid Dave as I was hoping for a little closer, but I will not rule the suggestion out if I cannot find anything/anyone more suitable ... See, I had a deal in G'boro with a guy who performed all the work/service on her car very well for the better part of a year and now I simply cannot get a hold of him like I usually could and it's due for another round badly... No returned phone calls or PM's whatsoever

Thanks for the tip Slows2k
Old 06-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Brandon,

I've not used the guy personally, yet, but he comes highly recommended by the best car guy I know, who has never steered me wrong. I intend to use him for my AP1, so I will let you know how he does. The body shop my friend recommended is the best I've ever used - and I've used more than my share....

We're about an hour from the Zoo in an S, a little more in a CRV, but I understand his place is on the south side of Mebane. Anyway I'll let you know for certain once I scope it out.

By the same token, if you find a great one, please let me know! I see no reason to take the '02S to a Honda dealer.

Dave