Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Any Carolina with Spugen?

Old 06-02-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Carolina with Spugen?

Hi All,

For my next purchase, I am going to get the Spugen dual exhaust. There is a group buy going on that gets you the 570 exhause for 470 and 25 dollars off shipping. I figure this would go could with my AEM CAI which I had installed a couple of weeks ago.

I am still working on trying to justify the supercharger but my wife is not seeing the need for more WHP at this point. At this point, I am going to bypass the Comptech and go with the Vortex if I can get my wife's permission. The Vortex sounds like a better bang for the buck from the research I have done.

Anyone in the triad of NC have the Spugen exhaust? If so, I would love to here it so I know what I am ordering

Dean
Old 06-02-2003, 03:52 PM

Boneman does....shoot him a pm
Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the dual ovals.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by SC_Highlander
I've got the dual ovals.
I called up Team Spugen to order the dual ovals but when Mike told me about the group buy on the stainless steel with titantium tips and the silencers, I decided to opt for that. I can wait on the group buy although it will be hard!

So how do your like your exhaust? I know the oval is the loudest that make!

Dean
Old 06-02-2003, 05:52 PM

I called up Team Spugen to order the dual ovals but when Mike told me about the group buy on the stainless steel with titantium tips and the silencers, I decided to opt for that. I can wait on the group buy although it will be hard!

I was thinking of a Spugen ehaust also but I do not think the titanium tips is too good w/ my weathershield car cover which I use every day that I drive the S to work. The stock tips stay pretty cool so I don't need to be too careful putting on the cover w/ the exhaust still hot. Of course I haven't even run this by my finacial advisor (wife). I don't think I'll go as far as adding the super charger. Let me know if you go to check out a Spugen system, maybe I could check it out also.

Side note... 2 nice day's in a row... sorry I missed you yesterday!

Jay
Old 06-02-2003, 06:01 PM

Jay,

Two days in a row I drove the S2000. Looks like I will be back to my integra starting tomorrow as the weather will get back to it's normal rainy self.

I already placed my order in the group by for the Spugen. I imagine Titanium would stay hotter so you would have to wait a while to put the cover on. You can get the Spugen without the titanium tips though.

Give me a call this weekend if the weather is nice. If not, maybe you can wait until I get the Spugen so you can see the AEM and Spugen.

Dean
Old 06-02-2003, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dean2900
[B]
So how do your like your exhaust?
Old 06-03-2003, 04:17 AM

Dean, I have had the spugen dual oval for about six months now and love them. Just the right sound for me and look good on the car. Looks almost stock till you look closer and until you start the car. Low rumble, deep sound not too loud and not ricey. The people at spugen are the greatest to deal with. Easy installation also. I spent 40.00$ and had a shop put them on but looked simple to do if you can get under the car. I live in Raleigh and work near the Art Museum. Would be glad to meet you somewhere so you could hear the car.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:57 PM

"I have had the spugen dual oval for about six months now and love them."

Boneman,

Do you have any other mods that effect your ehaust sound, headers, intakes, etc.? I'm thinking the Spugen setup you have is the sound I would like. I'm looking for something with a mellow, throaty sound. Do not want it to be annoying and definately do not want the 2 cycle "splatty" engine sound!

Thanks for the post.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Golden Eagle, I have the K&N filter as only other option. I feel the sound is just right very mellow. The loudest is about 3000RPM but not overbearing. On the road cruising in sixth it gets a little annoying but still sounds great. I would be glad to meet you if you are ever in Raleigh.

Quick Reply: Any Carolina with Spugen?