Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

young drivers>little cars>tailgating

Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default young drivers>little cars>tailgating

Was driving down A2 with ongoing roads works London bound and decide to follow the 50 MPH speed restriction and what happens... got tailgated by some git in a punto.

with a porsche about 4 car spaces ahead and traffic in front of him even if lil punto passed me he wouldn't get any further so i stayed cruising at 50 with the punto coming closer and closer and closer till he was about 1/2 car space behind me...i was like whatever until he decided to flash me???

Why on earth would you flash someone when there is traffic restricted at 50??? so i thought wtf and dropped into third from sixth and watched him disappear. He didn't bother the 2nd time.

I mean what was he thinking??? In a lil punto could he have managed to pass me???

Don't get me wrong i would let a porsche, evo, scooby pass if he flashed but a Punto??? come on... what would you have done?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

How could you blast away in 3rd and watch him disappear in the space of 4 car lengths?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:46 AM

I'd have sat there, waited for the NSL, popped it into 2nd and then roasted the Porsche.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by BleachS2k,Jun 6 2007, 04:36 PM
Why on earth would you flash someone when there is traffic restricted at 50??? so i thought wtf and dropped into third from sixth and watched him disappear.
What would I have done? I'd have been sorely tempted to slow down progressively just to make my point to him.

But I suppose that makes me no better than the self-appointed guardians of the speed limit at whom I frequently rant, who sit at 70 in the outside lane and refuse to move irrespective of what's in the inside lanes
Old 06-06-2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jun 6 2007, 07:43 AM
How could you blast away in 3rd and watch him disappear in the space of 4 car lengths?
i meant i pulled 4 car spaces away when dropped to 3rd and caught up to the porsche which was probably doing around 60...bad phrasing i guess?

i just think some drivers like mr punto should quit while they are ahead...why bother taking on something that you have no chance of beating?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Jun 6 2007, 04:49 PM
What would I have done? I'd have been sorely tempted to slow down progressively just to make my point to him.

But I suppose that makes me no better than the self-appointed guardians of the speed limit at whom I frequently rant, who sit at 70 in the outside lane and refuse to move irrespective of what's in the inside lanes

Just slowly ease off. If he overtakes you let him, as you really want idiots like this in front of you jsut in case he's not looking where he's going when you stop and he goes into the back of you.

LL is right about not wanting to be a "road captain" and tell others how to drive, but if he gets it wrong, it's your car that gets damaged. There's no need for him to drive like that when your in a queue of cars doing the speed limit.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:02 AM

What I find especially fun is suddenly applying the fog light when they get really close - They hit the brake pedal and almost do an emergency stop lol
Old 06-06-2007, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by nickrg3,Jun 6 2007, 05:02 PM
What I find especially fun is suddenly applying the fog light when they get really close - They hit the brake pedal and almost do an emergency stop lol
As amusing as it is, brake-checking like that is a

What happens if the car behind him is as close as he is to you when he slams on the anchors....?

(That's not to say that I haven't done it myself in the past, once or twice, under provocation.... )
Old 06-06-2007, 08:09 AM

Y didn't i think of that should have applied brakes... dunno y the thought escaped me???

But then again his car probs got dodgy brakes so it was better off that i didn't do it.

I all i was doing was following the speed limit.. he was the provoker ( if there is a word )
Old 06-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Don't get me wrong i would let a porsche, evo, scooby pass if he flashed but a Punto??? come on... what would you have done?
Don't be a car snob - their could be any number of reason's as to why he would want to get past you - I agree with Jamie best off letting them past then going into the back of you!

However I do agree when your keeping up with traffic and all lanes are moving their is not much point moving out of the way.

Quick Reply: young drivers>little cars>tailgating