Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Yet another NSX Rumour

Old 07-18-2008, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 18 2008, 07:09 PM
Only if the car is very, very good (a true masterpiece!) will it have a chance of a breakthrough.
Sad but true.

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 18 2008
So the complainers, who nearly wrecked the free speech of the thread should hit the ignore button now, whilst I call them a bunch of [ignore]
Sad but true
Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by MB,Jul 18 2008, 12:32 PM
Like Subaru, i've been in the fortunate position to own NA / Turbo / SC / AWD / FWD / RWD / Front engine / Mid engine and allows you to see things in a bit of a bigger picture and not always think that what you have is the best.

I feel the love for all performance cars
MB,

I understand your position. There a auto enthusiasts and there are marque enthusiasts. I happen to be a marque enthusiast, with Honda at #1 for me and the other two simply pipe dreams.

Heck I still have 2 The Who , 2 Pink Floyd and 2 Zep CDs in my changer - never really got passed this lot as they are good enough for me (and all masterpieces in their own right ). I am probably missing out on some really great music out there but WTF.

Same with cars - yes there are things I may miss because of my Honda mist. Haven't run into many of them yet. Only the F430 ever put a new kind of smile on my face when I went for a ride. And that is in the face of having driven a couple o Evo RS II's in anger and a 911 around a track in Australia in my limited exposure to these things. I suspect the Lotus will do the same for me as the F430 - but all pipe dreams in this bloody hell hole.

It takes all types to make the world go round (and to upset some people in the background ).
Old 07-19-2008, 01:49 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 19 2008, 12:09 AM
Dunno what they think in mainland Europe, but I'm not convinced calling it an Acura will help.
It wont ...cfr Lexus
Old 07-19-2008, 02:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by trinis2001,Jul 18 2008, 11:54 PM
...Heck I still have 2 The Who , 2 Pink Floyd and 2 Zep CDs in my changer - never really got passed this lot as they are good enough for me (and all masterpieces in their own right ). I am probably missing out on some really great music out there but WTF.
Don't worry; although I do re-stack, they are invariably represented in my Autochagers, too!

You're only really missing out on Deep Purple, another band that rarely leaves.

Yes, there are some other true greats, but as masterpieces go, nothing quite shakes the mojo like the aforementioned.

"Careful with that axe, Eugene" and "Trampled Underfoot" are great S2000 driving songs!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:31 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 19 2008, 11:29 AM
You're only really missing out on Deep Purple, another band that rarely leaves.
"April is a cruel month".....
Old 07-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

NSX replacement?

I
Old 07-19-2008, 09:27 AM

NSX's residuals are actually pretty strong, because of its rarity.

The car will be much more luxurious and more expensive than the Nissan; but constant model fiddling means that no expensive car really holds its value any more; the once-solid SL drops like a stone now. Many speculators have caught colds on the latest thing.

Trouble is; you're right about the constant fiddling; people have ADHD and believe that newer is always better. Where Honda missed the point, which Porsche understands, is that you have to be seen to fiddle with it constantly like an adolescent, otherwise people stop buying.

But yes, the Japanese still suffer from brand stigma, as we well know! Only time will fix that.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 19 2008, 05:27 PM

The car will be much more luxurious and more expensive than the Nissan; but constant model fiddling means that no expensive car really holds its value any more; the once-solid SL drops like a stone now. Many speculators have caught colds on the latest thing.

Trouble is; you're right about the constant fiddling; people have ADHD and believe that newer is always better. Where Honda missed the point, which Porsche understands, is that you have to be seen to fiddle with it constantly like an adolescent, otherwise people stop buying.

But yes, the Japanese still suffer from brand stigma, as we well know! Only time will fix that.
A question - Do you think NSX values are strong? They certainly look strong when you scout Autotrader and Pistonheads, but often I wonder because there are so few other cars to 'base' the value on a lot of the values are based on perceived worth. I wonder if cars sit at those values for months not selling until the price drops significantly?

I don't think
Old 07-19-2008, 11:27 AM

Yes; good cars get snapped up, whilst a lot of rubbish sits there for ages.

Although some good car sit, because they're the wrong colour or whatever.

Again, some manufacturers' cars LOOK to hold their value as well; but that's because it's impossible to buy one without 10 large worth of options. Factor that in & they're not so good.

There have been rumours that the car could be $150,000. That means it could be
Old 07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jul 19 2008, 05:27 PM
True over the longer term, but it's one of those cars which dropped rapidly in value when you drove it off the forecourt then levelled out over a few years, like the CSL. Initial big loss then steady. Puts many off

Quick Reply: Yet another NSX Rumour