Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Yet another NSX Rumour

Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will lock this if it is not put back on topic!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, let me try to get back OT.

The new NSX, like the LF-A, will be outstanding vehicles since from Japan, no matter the final HP figures. They would be the first set of performance v10s from Japan - and a walk away from the usual turbo this and that to make big power. They are both entering a new realm for Japanese auto makers, unlike the new GT-R, which is really more of the same, albeit fast.

I understand your point of view of the mist that is over our eyes, as we are still Honda owners. You have moved on to different pastures, but we are still here. So when something like the new NSX, with gobs of good technology comes out, we cheer, 'cause god knows the Honda camp has not had much to cheer about in the last few years.

As you rightly said, the majority of the public don't give a rats arse about Honda vs Nissan vs Porsche etc., but the performance enthusiasts (to whom I was referring by "non Honda owners") do. My sensitivity to Honda criticisms comes from when I have to interact with the other camps on other forums of mixed DNA, I have to keep quiet (or get flamed) while everyone else seems able to freely talk up the Evo, the Sti, the lowly SR20 etc etc etc. without getting flamed. No fair.

The new NSX will sort that crap out, since peak HP figures still seems to be the only thing others judge "performance" by.

I hope this post does not raise any further complaints. Just trying to clarify what may have been some misunderstandings.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by trinis2001,Jul 18 2008, 01:18 PM
unlike the new GT-R
I very much hope so
But they will be driven by lowering emissions which is easier with a turbo
Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

GTR is not what I would call more of the same.

It's very unusual from an engineering and technology perspective.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:30 AM

I think he means it is a highly boosted turbo with 4wd and lots of drive assistance (like STI's and EVO's)

I really do hope Honda truly innovate with the NSX replacement and don't go down that route!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:32 AM
MB

Yup I agree Mikey, but generalising on it being AWD and having gizmo's would be grossly missing the rest of the engineering of the car.

I find similar to Subaru2000 on here sometimes, in that anything with AWD and a turbo is seen as some sub form of vehicle, mostly when people haven't owned one or actually know much about them. Having something NA and RWD does not give one the automotive high ground!

Comments like Evo's being a shopping car with a turbo on it are a little laughable / ignorant.

Thankfully there are only a handful like that on here

Like Subaru, i've been in the fortunate position to own NA / Turbo / SC / AWD / FWD / RWD / Front engine / Mid engine and allows you to see things in a bit of a bigger picture and not always think that what you have is the best.

I feel the love for all performance cars

I also do agree with Mikey that it would be great to see the new NSX staying to it's roots of being RWD and N/A with little driver aids. It proves that getting from A to B can be done in different ways, and keeps things interesting!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
pip

Being objective is great. I don't think "rice rocket" or stuff like "souless japanese noise box" is being objective though.
Hence I think some of it is trolling.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 AM
MB

That just winds people up, and seems a bit of an odd choice of words if you did used to proudly own something Japanese!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE=MB,Jul 18 2008, 04:32 PM]

I find similar to Subaru2000 on here sometimes, in that anything with AWD and a turbo is seen as some sub form of vehicle, mostly when people haven't owned one or actually know much about them.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pip,Jul 18 2008, 04:48 PM
Being objective is great. I don't think "rice rocket" or stuff like "souless japanese noise box" is being objective though.
Hence I think some of it is trolling.
How long have we been waiting for the new NSX, to long. It would be a massive mistake to go down the F/I and 4WD route. I don

Quick Reply: Yet another NSX Rumour