Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Who worries about leaving their car parked up?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 AM
B B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Oct 21 2009, 05:58 AM
old people (can't get in or out without fully opening doors)
little kids (no concept of the damage they might do)
chavs driving 4x4s (invariably too fat to squeeze out, coupled with an attitude)
anyone driving a real heap (fu atttude, green-eyed monster syndrome)
You missed out 'scrummy & yummy mummies' whose sole skill ( their brains having departed skull area and moved way down south ) is to churn out endless brats and thus need a van-with-windows-on-steriods to transport them and their pavement wide all-terrain push-chairs.

You know the scenario - park up, fling wide doors, hitch up trainer bottoms, fat arse in air, extract brats from child seats.
They imagine everybody loves kids and should stand back and give them priority - as well as being breathless in admiration as to their copulating skills.
What chance your nice sports car eh?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I've posted similar threads in the past, and seems that many people (sadly) have the same issue.

Take the Evo as an example, it's not an expensive car, but it's not got a mark on it therefore I am quite precious about it. Cars like this attract attention (and no I don't want a debate about wether chavs will / won't key it ) and do regularly get vandalised. I have no issue about spending money on it, but the thoought of some ****er damaging my car and getting away with it, plus spoiling something in perfect order would drive me nuts.

So for most people it's not the money, it's just anger at the ****s out there

Again as an example on value, I wouldn't be so fussed about parking a Cayman at double the cost, as most people wouldn't bat an eyelid at it.

An S2000 on the other hand does seem to bring out the anger in some people, probably purely due to the soft top syndrome

Gad offered some advice which stuck in my head, some time back. It's along the lines that we can afford the repairs, but the losers who did the damage are often jealous peasants who will never come to anything. And just smile at that

But it certainly affects what car I choose, and one reason I suspect the Evo will be off soon.

If you can get away with it, just be really selective about where you park.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:28 AM

I'm so with you on this one, I think people who give a ........ should be allowed to use the nice big spaces (currently reserved for people with sprogs).

See my entries on "parking paranoia" thread if you want to see how angry this makes me!

I parked on an end bay the other day, to come back to someone (clapped out honda jazz) who had parked so close to my passender side that there was 1 inch between our wing mirrors!!!!! How the hell did they get out? There was a small scratch on my door, but I can't prove it was them- worst thing is they must work in my office!!!!!!!

I should be able to park my car where I want without some idiot damaging it. I too am looking into getting a banger mostly to reduce my stress everytime I come back to a car park........I wish I had the attitude of Gadaffi, but I don't. I was brought up the respect mine and other people's things, so I expect other people to do the same
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 AM

There's far more important things to worry about than parking dings.

Having said that I will do my best to avoid.

The Focus we had got absolutaly hammered throughout the time we had it. I think it had magnetic strips in the bodywork

All the damage to the M5 has been done by me-several because I was being over cautious and parking too close to fixed objects.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Penelope Ptistop,Oct 23 2009, 06:28 PM
I'm so with you on this one, I think people who give a ........ should be allowed to use the nice big spaces (currently reserved for people with sprogs).

See my entries on "parking paranoia" thread if you want to see how angry this makes me!

I parked on an end bay the other day, to come back to someone (clapped out honda jazz) who had parked so close to my passender side that there was 1 inch between our wing mirrors!!!!! How the hell did they get out? There was a small scratch on my door, but I can't prove it was them- worst thing is they must work in my office!!!!!!!

I should be able to park my car where I want without some idiot damaging it. I too am looking into getting a banger mostly to reduce my stress everytime I come back to a car park........I wish I had the attitude of Gadaffi, but I don't. I was brought up the respect mine and other people's things, so I expect other people to do the same
Unfortunatley the mother and baby spots present another dilema, for some reason having a baby makes mothers totally incappable of taking trolleys back to the trolley park.
When our child arrived I thought great, we get to use the baby spots but the trolleys have stopped me on several occassions.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Why do they stop you?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moggy,Oct 23 2009, 08:05 PM
Why do they stop you?
Because im getting fed up with taking other peoples trollies back and I dont want them rolling into my car.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Sainsburys have their £50 penalty charge notices up now

If you park in a mother and child spot

Wriiten in 'yoof speak'

"here's how it works.........."

I will get one and post it up on here

ps wtf is it "a child up to 12?"

5 I might understand
Old 10-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Oct 23 2009, 08:37 PM
Sainsburys have their £50 penalty charge notices up now
You're joking?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:46 PM

I often park in Disabled spaces.

The pricks that park in them with badges are usually taking the piss anyway, so WGAF?