Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

sold the s

Old 01-02-2014 | 03:49 PM

Default sold the s

Just sold the car to someone taking it back to france and miss it already sad to see it go . Great great car and would recommend to anyone. Actually its a fantastic car.
things that annoyed me was high revs on motorway so found it thirsty and the only 2 seat thing. Other then that most reliable car I ever owned.

was thinking off a audi tt 225 post 2003 so dashpod problems all sorted.
anyone had one?
Old 01-02-2014 | 10:33 PM
20 Year Member

My dentist had a TT but sold it when it was about 4 years old as "it started to cost me too much". It was a nice little motor I thought, check on reliability. Audi get the interior right but often make numb cars

I don't think I'll ever sell my S.
Old 01-02-2014 | 10:57 PM
10 Year Member

Agree with the commuting aspect, they get long in the tooth for some as regular commuters so I feel your frustration with it. Installing a better Hifi in the car helps comfort, maybe even heat the seats. I never got as far as that myself, but I must admit the comfort got on my nerves. They are better/much easier to live with as short range commuters/weekenders. I think overall its a nicer place to sit than say, an MX5 for commuting.
You never know, the spell has been cast and you could just return.....

TT's are a little numb, tuneable though on that Golf platform and have quite a bit of poke. Prices coming down but many 100k milers are well past half their age. Superb interior but suffers the worst scuttle shake i've ever experienced in a rag top version. Go for the Coupe if you're after a TT.
Old 01-02-2014 | 11:37 PM

Only ever been in a facelift TT but if back seats are a consideration then best to pretend they aren't there.

Feels quicker in a straight line than the S2000 because of the turbo shove. I struggle to keep up with my friends round roundabouts.

Cabin feels very special and the seating position is brilliant. Up there with a Z4.

Have you considered a Z4? Seems a good half way house of the TT comfort, economy and image but with a modicum of being a drivers car still.
Old 01-03-2014 | 01:24 AM

Crikey. An s is a luxury barge in comparison to some 2 seaters. And thirsty? Try a car with a big lump for real thirsty. The s is frugal
Old 01-03-2014 | 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
Crikey. An s is a luxury barge in comparison to some 2 seaters. And thirsty? Try a car with a big lump for real thirsty. The s is frugal
My TT owning friend gets ~30mpg in typical use and I don't think he uses 99ron he just puts the normal go juice in. He can eek that up to over 40mpg if he's feeling like ruining the car. Same for a Z4 3.0. The gearing makes 30-40mpg perfectly practical.

Any one who gets an S2000 over 30mpg (and that's the premium go juice as well) deserves their feet amputating.
Old 01-03-2014 | 05:58 AM

Try an rs4. That's thirst defined.
Old 01-03-2014 | 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
Agree with the commuting aspect, they get long in the tooth for some as regular commuters so I feel your frustration with it. Installing a better Hifi in the car helps comfort, maybe even heat the seats. I never got as far as that myself, but I must admit the comfort got on my nerves. They are better/much easier to live with as short range commuters/weekenders. I think overall its a nicer place to sit than say, an MX5 for commuting.
You never know, the spell has been cast and you could just return.....

TT's are a little numb, tuneable though on that Golf platform and have quite a bit of poke. Prices coming down but many 100k milers are well past half their age. Superb interior but suffers the worst scuttle shake i've ever experienced in a rag top version. Go for the Coupe if you're after a TT.
i missed out the leaky part when it was left for hours on end in hard rain when pulling off would dribble water from the seal sometimes that was really annoying me bit time. once it dribbled out it was perfect.
i know when japfest comes i am going to feel the pain
i use to listen to music loud the loudness of the car did not bother me it just felt like i had to have another gear to change into.

also i am looking at getting a coupe so i got 4 seats i know its 2+2 but they are still there.

i was dissapointed that the car was up for so long aswell i know it was a cat d but was at least 1500 under value with only 49k all mot.s and fsh.
all i been reading lately is problems with the odd s on here and i am thinking mines pretty much perfect bare some age related odd marks .
kept getting offered 3000 cars and expecting a straight swap or silly offers like 2000 3000. the best was 4200 and ended with more then i was expecting as i was hopeing for 4500 so that was a bonus.
Old 01-03-2014 | 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by PhilipGB
Originally Posted by cheshire_carper' timestamp='1388744687' post='22947882
My TT owning friend gets ~30mpg in typical use and I don't think he uses 99ron he just puts the normal go juice in. He can eek that up to over 40mpg if he's feeling like ruining the car. Same for a Z4 3.0. The gearing makes 30-40mpg perfectly practical.

Any one who gets an S2000 over 30mpg (and that's the premium go juice as well) deserves their feet amputating.

yeh good to hear thats what i have read
Old 01-03-2014 | 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
i do not agree most 2.0 turbos will give better mpg so like for like how can it be frugal plus the best mpg in the s2000 is proberly
going to be around 55 mph anythink where at 70 you doing over 4k its going to be thirstier then a turbo at 2.5 - 3k doing 70

but i do understand the s2000 is a little racing car in my oppinion and for being a high revver is going to be a little thirsty

Quick Reply: sold the s