Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

So this is what it must be like to drive a Beemer

Old 01-09-2003, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was desperate to know if the car was ok, got off at my exit about 10 minutes on and pulled into a layby. The bar/bolt looked about 6 inches and smacked the middle of the passenger window i think. Just thankful i hadn't put my window down to say something back or it wouldve hit me in the face - it hit with such force i was convinced it had ruined the door panel.

Somehow there was no mark on the door and the window remained intact!! If that had smashed in, i'd have followed him and called the police to say i was being assulted.

I think if there had been panel damage i wouldve reported the crime, got a crime number and instructed the insurance company to act on a claim against him. No use thinking the police wouldve been interested.

Serious mad case this guys was. I was literally apologising through the window as if to say, soz my fault, but he just kept attacking me with some ridiculous moves across the lanes and on the brakes. He even slowed down to see if i was going off at his exit, and when i didn't he tried to come back across the chevrons!! nut case.....and shit me up. What if this guy had stopped in the fast lane??! we were only doing 40 cos of road works anyway so i honestly thought he was going to. At the time i told myself if he came towards the car i would drive at/into him as i knew he would be intent on damaging the car and/or me!

Drove at 50 all the way home and was proper shit up...
Old 01-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by JamesM

Last time I had a run in with a white van, I had eggs in my car (don't ask why!) and threw one in his open window catching the driver smack bang in the forehead!

One hundred and EIGHTY!!
Old 01-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]
Somehow there was no mark on the door and the window remained intact!!
Old 01-09-2003, 07:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Subaru2000
[B]

I've pulled over in the past when people have
Old 01-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Banned

One hundred and EIGHTY!!

lol
Old 01-09-2003, 07:41 AM

I agree, I know too many people where that has happened!!

White man van should be reported to the Police though, hopefully will shit him up enough to make him think before he pulls a stupid stunt like that again!! Mind you when the red mist falls.....
Old 01-09-2003, 07:46 AM

I got someone by mistake with the headlight washers. Was in traffic and was showing the missus what the switch did. Unfortunately the guy slightly ahead of me had his window down and got soaked. Understandably enough it didn't go down well. Probably looked even worse as I was wearing a suit at the time.

At one point I thought him and his 3 mates were going to get out and have a go, but the lights changed and the traffic moved off. I now know to take care when pressing that little baby...
Old 01-09-2003, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by steve_the_greek
I'm you on that one. If you're not going to overtake, leave enough room for someone to pull into rather than tailgaiting the slowcoach.
This is also one of my pet hates also (below cell phone drivers though). If one leaves about 3 - 5 car lengths when in a queue, you can also use the engine to do braking.

Often I'm in a queue where everyone is bunched up, and there's a visual domino effect from the first vehicle slowing.

Inadequate following distances explain why motorways sometimes come to a complete standstill for no obvious reason - everyone slowing, over compensating their braking, and the domino effect taking place.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by robster
At one point I thought him and his 3 mates were going to get out and have a go, but the lights changed and the traffic moved off. I now know to take care when pressing that little baby...
Ahh, the secret weapon - particulary useful against pizza delivery scooters being driven too close to the bumper.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Ade

Originally posted by Chris Type R
Inadequate following distances explain why motorways sometimes come to a complete standstill for no obvious reason - everyone slowing, over compensating their braking, and the domino effect taking place.
Dead right. Most people don't look past the car in front and so find themselves overcompensating all the time.

Quick Reply: So this is what it must be like to drive a Beemer