Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Parent and Child spaces

Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB
Absolutely. I can understand disabled bays being close to store but the point of P&C bays is for extra space to get kids in and out.
That space could be anywhere.
The thing is, those in favour of these spaces will say that they are close to the entrance to be safer for childre. i.e they don't have to walk across the busy car park and risk being run over (usually by a 4x4 being driven far too fast by a mother with kids on board!)
Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some probably would. But certainly in more recently designed car parks there are pavements between ranks of bays.
Mark out the p&c spaces towards the end of one of those walkways. It shouldn't be that hard. (I have a degree in town planning, I know this stuff)
Old 02-19-2014, 07:07 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
So we let the thugs, oiks and inbreds win???
win what?

a parking space?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:14 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB
Some probably would. But certainly in more recently designed car parks there are pavements between ranks of bays.
Mark out the p&c spaces towards the end of one of those walkways. It shouldn't be that hard. (I have a degree in town planning, I know this stuff)
But then it comes down to competition. If you have to drag your sprogs 400 yards in the rain (yes, they could cover it but you know what I mean) and then do the same on the way back with sprogs and your shopping, you're going to go to another supermarket.

People are very lazy. See how many people will sit and wait for a parking space for a couple of minutes rather than park 50 yards away and walk, which is much quicker.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:26 AM

True. Always amazes me when I see people double-parked (on the road) rather than pull forward a few feet into a space.
Surely they can see that they're actually closer to where they want to go if they're right by the kerb? I saw a taxi almost stop dead the other day next to some building work (which meant scaffold was in the parking bay) rather than pull forward into the 3 car long space in the bay.

That's the sort of thing that almost makes me go postal.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I like the idea of an Adult Supermarket.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RattyS2k
Think UF has done the kiddie bashing bit to death now so can we move on to old people who go shopping in the evening and at weekend's. They do naff all weekdays so why do they come out when I need to nip in to Tesco for something.

Totally agree. As a result, Waitrose car park is officially the most dangerous place on earth. People old and arrogant enough to think they can still drive safely at 85!

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle

Plenty about but as with other types of supermarket, better to buy online and get (descretely) delivered.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
This is simply a stupid person thinking they are inventive.
Or more likely a cash machine user

I tend to agree that P&C spaces are bending over backwards to favour a minority. But then that is the whole world one way or another these days.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle

There's one on the A1 isn't there?
Old 02-20-2014, 06:19 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by RattyS2k' timestamp='1392653350' post='23019586
Think UF has done the kiddie bashing bit to death now so can we move on to old people who go shopping in the evening and at weekend's. They do naff all weekdays so why do they come out when I need to nip in to Tesco for something.
They go shopping every day, it's something to do.

I mostly cycle to the supermarket these days, and can therefore park nearer to the entrance than anyone else! MWAHAHAHAHA!

However, if I do need to take the car, I can thoroughly recommend Waitrose of an evening.

My car is in the centre of a normal space, and as you can see, there is lots of room:

Is that the new one at Hoddesdon?

The person who parked the focus there deserves to get a fine, no excuse for that. I do honestly think that if you let little things go then people keep pushing the boundaries. I don't understand why some scum insist on parking in disabled bays when they have no badge etc. They should enforce the rules more because its out of order.

The otherday i pulled up in a supermarket car park in the S2000 with no cars parked next to me, popped the bonnet to check that my recently changed rocker gasket wasn't leaking and some guy parked his car alongside mine and then promptly open his door and hit the side of my car. He wasn't even going to say sorry until i pointed out what he had done. I tend to only shop after 10pm now just because i cant be arsed with the people clipping my ankles with shopping trolleys and the general poor manners of people.

Im so glad i dont work in the retail industry anymore because i would end up blowing a fuse one day.

Quick Reply: Parent and Child spaces